wiki

Old C&I threads.

wiki

Postby theTrav » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:59 am

The how-to forum is a good resource, but it's starting to scroll past quite quickly. Is anyone able to host a wiki so we can put up some of the advices in a more permanent manner? The community maintained wiki for dwarf fortress is an excellent resource for that game and the dev didn't have to lift a finger.
theTrav

Re: wiki

Postby Trafalgar » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:59 am

I think it's a good idea, personally, but the other thing is that if you recall, Toady isn't hosting the DF wiki, either.
Trafalgar

Postby theTrav » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:35 am

Yeah, I didn't say that explicitly and should have... This is a request to someone in the community with connections to host a wiki and let me know where it is so I can fill it with content :)
theTrav

Postby sami1337 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:48 pm

In another thread one of the devs said he didn't want a wiki. He doesn't want a big open book game. But one that you need to explore.
The ones who see things differently.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
sami1337

Postby Dwarfu » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:13 pm

sami1337 wrote:In another thread one of the devs said he didn't want a wiki. He doesn't want a big open book game. But one that you need to explore.

Though I applaud and agree with the sentiment, it is almost laughable in the modern world...anyone anywhere can post every single detail about a game without the need of 'official' sanction. If a wiki or fansite or whatever is what you want/need to enjoy the game, then go for it.
Dwarfu

Return to [ARCHIVE]Critique & Ideas