Griefers

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Russian Grievers

Postby Crador » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:59 pm

Sarvoth wrote: There is a big difference between legitimate gameplay challenges such as pvp, death, and loss of property/time and griefing. If you cannot understand the concept of griefing then you should refrain from posting your thoughts on the matter. Griefers operatives are intolerance, hatred, and bigotry. Griefers play the game with the purpose of gaining ENJOYMENT from RUINING other peoples time. Griefers are usually also haters. A true griefer in real life or in a game is a piece of shit human being and needs to be put down.

- there is no difference YOU can see from outside of their minds between two actions:
1. Griefing as you described, from "intolerance, hatred, and bigotry". Ruining someones game just "because you can".
2. Strategical long-term work on deminishing neighbours growth speed in order to maintain upperhand in every and each type of PvP.
Not you, nor i, nor anyone except attackers themselves know exactly, is it griefing or a way to PvP they want to take part in this game.

I am not defending attackers in any way. I am just trying to understand motives of people, who join open-PvP full loot games and get shocked by getting actually killed/robbered. Heck, what else did you expected?
Crador

Postby Sarvoth » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Crador wrote:
Sarvoth wrote: There is a big difference between legitimate gameplay challenges such as pvp, death, and loss of property/time and griefing. If you cannot understand the concept of griefing then you should refrain from posting your thoughts on the matter. Griefers operatives are intolerance, hatred, and bigotry. Griefers play the game with the purpose of gaining ENJOYMENT from RUINING other peoples time. Griefers are usually also haters. A true griefer in real life or in a game is a piece of shit human being and needs to be put down.

- there is no difference YOU can see from outside of their minds between two actions:
1. Griefing as you described, from "intolerance, hatred, and bigotry". Ruining someones game just "because you can".
2. Strategical long-term work on deminishing neighbours growth speed in order to maintain upperhand in every and each type of PvP.
Not you, nor i, nor anyone except attackers themselves know exactly, is it griefing or a way to PvP they want to take part in this game.

I am not defending attackers in any way. I am just trying to understand motives of people, who join open-PvP full loot games and get shocked by getting actually killed/robbered. Heck, what else did you expected?

Whiners annoy me as much as they do the next guy, but then again so do griefers. A person who chops down all the trees around an island cottage and jacks the only boat for the hell of it in my opinion is as much a piece of shit as the people who shot at emergency vehicles during the aftermath of hurricane Katrina, the motives may or may not be exactly the same but to me and the victims they're perceptually the same. Take a look at some PHP videos on Youtube, they're an example IMO. I understand your point, we seem to be on the same page but I'm a bit more intolerant of griefing.
Sarvoth

Postby Pyre » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:43 pm

Why not just keep an alt with a crash kit somewhere so your progeny can get an aditional leg up aside from just stats, heck with a properly built one trapping the main on an island should be inpossible.

Lack of foresight in a full loot pvp environ is like playing the game to purposely end up as someone's pork chop.
Pyre

Postby Xeroti » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:43 pm

They're like this on every game I've played (not just Russia but most Eastern European countries)
Xeroti

Postby al » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:24 am

lyk32 wrote:Suprising, those always come harassing weaker players do speak russian.

Surprisingly, I know a lot of Russian players who don't fall under this category (actually it is 90% of all Russian players who ever were in my kin list). As a Russian I don't fall into this category either. And I myself and other Russian players whom do I know were victims of harrassing by non-Russian players, including cases when we were griefed or harrassed because of our native language/nationality (in W3 and W4 both).

Moreover, there are a lot of cases when non-Russians and Russians helped each other and were friends, while focusing on the game, not nationalities.

So, be a smart and unprejudiced player, do not focus on ethnicities, do not link bad attitude to an ethnicity. Because when you do you nourish xenophobia and tension, the bad attitude you fallen victim of becomes stronger and broader among players. Instead of this you should memorize those guys or learn their nicks and factions (if they are part of any) somehow, you should find cooperative players around you who would help you.

GreenScape wrote:don't be sad dude. that's just russians. they behave identically in RL(belive me, i know). the best way out is to join developed village. check Dwarves & Thieves section.

With you? Of course they do - you are neonazi russophobe.

Btw, those "Russians" are actually Russian-speaker players, and Ukrainians fall under this category too. Therefore, judging on your attitude towards Russians I assume you are a griefer in-game who pretend to be a Russian to spread his myth of evil Russians.

Xeroti wrote:They're like this on every game I've played (not just Russia but most Eastern European countries)

Your only post on this forum? Nice one, forum alt.
al

Postby Canaris » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:50 am

That's a good point al.

All the other griefers are Polish.
Canaris

Postby Dataslycer » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:13 am

If you be nice to me, I be nice to you. If you want to establish trade relation, then it is business. If you want to be an asshole, don't expect me to respond in words. If you decide to try to kill me, be prepare to inherit. I don't care if you are Americans, Russians, Koreans, Gorgons, how I act towards others is based on.

Also griefing is part of any game and some games have a rule against it, some games griefing is part of the game (I'm looking at you Transformice!), and some games have a very subtle way of discouraging it. HnH is in the 3rd category. Sure you can grief in this game, but don't expect to get away unscathed all the time. A shame we almost never see griefers that are magnificent bastards.
If you keep focusing on the shadow behind, you will not see the light in front of you.

Being successful isn't just about hard work and succeeding, it is also about picking yourself up when you fail.
Dataslycer

Postby Canaris » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:20 am

I'm not even sure that griefing in H&H matches the definition of griefing in the first place.
Canaris

Postby Dataslycer » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:25 am

It's the same concept, just that it is applicable in a wide open sand-box MMO though.
If you keep focusing on the shadow behind, you will not see the light in front of you.

Being successful isn't just about hard work and succeeding, it is also about picking yourself up when you fail.
Dataslycer

Postby Canaris » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:29 am

Griefing is intentionally acting in such a way that strips the griefed of enjoyment, yes?

How would you honestly grief in H&H? Since fighting and gathering materials is what the game is all about.

I suppose murdering a lowbie is griefing, though, if it's done for no valid reason.
Canaris

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled