Griefers

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Russian Grievers

Postby Dataslycer » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:31 am

So is stealing, vandalizing, threatning newbies, creep pulling a bear into a newbie settlement, killing them, sealing their cornerpost before they can build walls. Boredom is a very strong incentive.
If you keep focusing on the shadow behind, you will not see the light in front of you.

Being successful isn't just about hard work and succeeding, it is also about picking yourself up when you fail.
Dataslycer

Postby Canaris » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:51 am

I don't think all of those things are griefing in H&H. What I do know is that griefing is generally discouraged by the community or even the developer.

Stealing and vandalizing are bona fide game mechanics, at least. Working as intended. So is killing them.
Canaris

Postby Dataslycer » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:06 am

It's actually griefing in a form of using game mechanics.
If you keep focusing on the shadow behind, you will not see the light in front of you.

Being successful isn't just about hard work and succeeding, it is also about picking yourself up when you fail.
Dataslycer

Postby flaw » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:03 am

Canaris wrote:What I do know is that griefing is generally discouraged by the community or even the developer.

:lol:
flaw

Postby Canaris » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:03 am

flaw wrote:
Canaris wrote:What I do know is that griefing is generally discouraged by the community or even the developer.

That's part of the traditional definition of griefing: an act or acts that are seen as harassment, inappropriate, or unfair.
Canaris

Postby Crador » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:52 am

Canaris wrote:
flaw wrote:

That's part of the traditional definition of griefing: an act or acts that are seen as harassment, inappropriate, or unfair.

- putting together "russian" and "griefers" harasses me, feels inappropriate and very unfair, it hurts my soul. I am russian. So, where should i report about OP griefing me? ;)
Crador

Postby flaw » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:34 am

Canaris wrote:
flaw wrote:

I could just repeat the lol icon, but . . .

The only thing the devs have ever done about griefing is the "no walling people in" rule, which jorb now says he doesn't actually enforce because it's too much work. The community, as represented by most of the people that post in this sub-forum, adores griefers. One need only read most of the threads in this sub-forum to see it. This game is a griefers paradise, has been from day one. The devs never attempted to control the bad actors, and this is what they got.
flaw

Postby Zigabogado » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:47 am

I'm amazed, I truly am.
That there is all this hate towards Russians,
But none to the Germans appearing? Come on guys, they were Nazis. We should be on their tail like that.
Zigabogado

Re: Griefers

Postby tatianka3006 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:29 am

This has nothing to do with Russians or Americans or whatever! It takes so much work and effort in this game to be able to be a complete ..... and yet people are doing it for some reason. My fiance's character got killed as he was minding his own business not far from our claim by a group of 4 or 5 dudes in boats. He didn't even start a conversation or nothing, they just attacked him out of nowhere. Then they proceeded to come to our claim and killed him again (probably didn't even know it was him) and then again. They took a couple of crates with them, but we just started playing a month ago, so we didn't even have anything valuable really.. It's a great game! But I don't want to feel like I can't even be safe on our own claim because someone who doesn't have enough satisfaction out of real life will just barge in and think that killing a farming noob will boost his confidence or relieve his boredom! WTF! Can this ever be avoided or what!? Or do we need to just endure this kind of people just showing up out of nowhere!?
tatianka3006

Re: Griefers

Postby SquirrelLazer » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:44 pm

Yeah im gonna say..as Russian born and part Russian thats a bit harsh man. Sure there alot of "Russian Griefers", but the few times ive died its been to english speaking people, and i speak better english than Russian so its nothing to do with my nationality.

People are dicks..regardless of what nationality or race. Some people are nice and some arent, even you who say "Russians are horrible griefers" etc, have you NEVER met a nice Russian person? I know there are plenty of Russian villages near me that help anyone regardless of what language they speak.
Gib me monies or i repot u
SquirrelLazer

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled