One More Thief Down

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: One More Thief Down

Postby Gorbane » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:05 pm

squf wrote:leave it to the harmony day queer to be a whiteknight IDIOT ranger :roll:

Yeah
Gorbane

Postby Magicman » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:11 pm

I thought that Gorb being so far away from the thieves would make you think maybe it wasnt him that was one of them, Lay waste to a village for some rope?
Magicman

Postby Gorbane » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:28 pm

ALWAYS wrote:
He had left several theft scents on crucibles at Serenity, and a crate. The stolen object was wrought, and the guy who lived on the claim with said crucibles/smelters didn't even attempt to correct me when I told him I'd found his thief, and was going after him.

Trespassing Scents. I visited Serenity quite often and once saw multiple theft scents on their smelting equipment. No one was online so I decided to track them because they were usually relatively friendly whenever I stopped by to say hello. Turns out that the scents belonged to a friend of theirs that wasn't allowed on their claim so I dismissed it. His name was Kyle?
Anyways, over several days I noticed absolutely no progress was being made on the village, then a couple days more I noticed the place was ransacked, as well as a murder scent. Thinking it was abandoned, I took 8 pumpkin pies.
Get your facts straight before you not only kill somebody (which I may have deserved),but by completely and utterly ruining their game experience. Also, a shame that my brickwall was 99% complete with a double gate on the way when I get ransacked and murdered for 8 pumpkins pies. :cry:
Gorbane

Postby boshaw » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:37 pm

Gorbane wrote:
ALWAYS wrote:
He had left several theft scents on crucibles at Serenity, and a crate. The stolen object was wrought, and the guy who lived on the claim with said crucibles/smelters didn't even attempt to correct me when I told him I'd found his thief, and was going after him.

Trespassing Scents. I visited Serenity quite often and once saw multiple theft scents on their smelting equipment. No one was online so I decided to track them because they were usually relatively friendly whenever I stopped by to say hello. Turns out that the scents belonged to a friend of theirs that wasn't allowed on their claim so I dismissed it. His name was Kyle?
Anyways, over several days I noticed absolutely no progress was being made on the village, then a couple days more I noticed the place was ransacked, as well as a murder scent. Thinking it was abandoned, I took 8 pumpkin pies.
Get your facts straight before you not only kill somebody (which I may have deserved),but by completely and utterly ruining their game experience. Also, a shame that my brickwall was 99% complete with a double gate on the way when I get ransacked and murdered for 8 pumpkins pies. :cry:

I hope he ruins their gaming experience and kills them :)

Next time you should consider building an outer palisade first.
boshaw

Postby novaalpha » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:49 pm

Gorbane wrote:
ALWAYS wrote:

Leaving summonable scents with unprotected heath fire?

Good job.
novaalpha

Postby Gorbane » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:13 pm

boshaw wrote:I hope he ruins their gaming experience and kills them :)

Somehow I doubt that a palisade would have stopped Always.

Anyway, here I was thinking I was pretty hot shit. Live (or not) and learn, I suppose.
Gorbane

Postby boshaw » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:20 pm

Gorbane wrote:
boshaw wrote:I hope he ruins their gaming experience and kills them :)

Somehow I doubt that a palisade would have stopped Always.

Anyway, here I was thinking I was pretty hot shit. Live (or not) and learn, I suppose.

Yes it would have just like it protects 80% of the other thief/vandal/murder alts that people use. At this point in the game you can still be well protected with just a palisade if you're not dumb.
boshaw

Postby Shadowstar009 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:43 pm

I don't mean to gloat (too much) here, but this is one situation where some "super over-cautiousness" probably would have saved you. If I had to take a guess as to how he got in, it'd be that minehole. Unless you've got it walled off underground, all the surface-level brick walls in the world won't do you any good.

For the record, I didn't have anything to do with this, just observing. We probably would have been friends if we had met under different circumstances.
Shadowstar009

Postby Gorbane » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:00 pm

Shadowstar009 wrote:I don't mean to gloat (too much) here, but this is one situation where some "super over-cautiousness" probably would have saved you. If I had to take a guess as to how he got in, it'd be that minehole. Unless you've got it walled off underground, all the surface-level brick walls in the world won't do you any good.

For the record, I didn't have anything to do with this, just observing. We probably would have been friends if we had met under different circumstances.

It wasn't the minehole. It was a tiny gap that was present in my wall for overnight, where I had built and placed all materials into a second brick gate, waiting on the steel the next morning to finish it. The rock inside the minehole was over 200 STR req, so I wasn't worried about it until I finished the brickwall, so I could palisade it in.
Gorbane

Postby Dropshock » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:18 pm

If you simply look at the images you'll see his gates wide open, ALWAYS obviously got keys and walked through the gates.
Dropshock

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled