Question on morality and my next course of action.

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Question on morality and my next course of action.

Postby Enronin » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:36 am

I'm sort of a new character, only been playing for 2 1/2 weeks now. During that time, I've managed to make a living and had recently started to thrive due to getting 360% LP gains and figuring out how to hunt boars and bears effectively. I own a decent plot of land near a river, but I have yet to surround it by palisades (my fault, mainly). I logged on this afternoon to find many of my empty crates gone. Then I go into my 'storage house' to find my two Raw Bear Hides gone, along with well over half of my uncooked meat and some other miscellany. Clearly I've been robbed, so I decided to learn Ranging. I managed to both find Reek of Theft and, after much wandering, find the thief's house (Picture). I'm pretty sure the carts there contain my stolen items, or at least someone else's.

So... what should I do? I have absolutely no clue whether or not I could win in a fight if I got Rage, my Strength is only 20 so I can't break through with a battering ram to get to the items, and I don't want to try getting Trespassing and poking around quite yet and thus leave my own trespassing scent. Any help is appreciated. :)

Edit: Right! Forgot! If I -am- confronted by this guy, would I be justified in killing him, or at least trying to? Or should I just demand my items back and get laughed at? In my eyes, this guy is a parasite, leeching off other people's hard work for his own benefit, but I don't know what the community thinks of this.
Enronin

Re: Question on morality and my next course of action.

Postby Kaios » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:41 am

Honestly, get some palisades up and forget about it.

If the guy comes back then maybe you can deal with him once you've had a chance to size him up and maybe talk to him a little. Otherwise don't risk trying to break in/snoop around/attack him. If he catches you and you run away he'll just track any scents and come looking for you. Or he catches you while he's outside as well and then you probably would just be killed.

Either way I would just get palisades up as soon as possible.
Kaios

Postby Monkeytofu » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:44 am

If you know you can take him, kill him. If not, don't talk to him and keep safe until you can.

Use a client to check behind that house, most likely a cave behind it.
[13:09:52] <shadowchris> u seduce to name calling?

Flame wrote:Do you want show me another proof of you're QI with another nonsense post or you'll choose to stay silent if you don't have nothing of value to say?
Monkeytofu

Postby Enronin » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:45 am

I just read on the wiki that if he hasn't sealed his palisade cornerposts, I could potentially seal him in by building off them and around his gate. Would that be unjustified? Unless he can break palisades from within his own base, he'd be trapped permanently.
Enronin

Postby Enronin » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:46 am

Monkeytofu wrote:Use a client to check behind that house, most likely a cave behind it.

I'm still new to the game, what do you mean by this?
Enronin

Postby RJT » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:50 am

Enronin wrote:I just read on the wiki that if he hasn't sealed his palisade cornerposts, I could potentially seal him in by building off them and around his gate. Would that be unjustified? Unless he can break palisades from within his own base, he'd be trapped permanently.

Do it Doooo iiittttt and http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5
Game client modified by ender or Gilbertus :D
[8:21:56 PM] Ravian: We didn't run
[8:22:04 PM] Ravian: We left in the other direction
http://strawpoll.me/6822558
Stand against tyranny, Brothers and sisters. Rise!
RJT

Postby Kaios » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:52 am

Enronin wrote:I just read on the wiki that if he hasn't sealed his palisade cornerposts, I could potentially seal him in by building off them and around his gate. Would that be unjustified? Unless he can break palisades from within his own base, he'd be trapped permanently.

There really isn't such a thing as "justice." There are actions and (possibly) consequences. Whether you're in the right or wrong doesn't really matter to the victim/perpetrator.
Kaios

Postby asval » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:55 am

Enronin wrote:
Monkeytofu wrote:Use a client to check behind that house, most likely a cave behind it.

A modified client that allows you to "cheat" by modifying certain aspects of the game. Like for example x-ray which lets you see through objects and night vision which lets you see like it's day light anywhere.

I recommend Arksu since it's nicer for farming when you can see where you've planted crops and where you haven't, but I prefer enders time until object is done % for things like drying racks and herbalist tables.
asval

Postby Enronin » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:02 am

asval wrote:
Enronin wrote:

A modified client that allows you to "cheat" by modifying certain aspects of the game. Like for example x-ray which lets you see through objects and night vision which lets you see like it's day light anywhere.

I recommend Arksu since it's nicer for farming when you can see where you've planted crops and where you haven't, but I prefer enders time until object is done % for things like drying racks and herbalist tables.

Oh, I'm actually using Gilbertus' client so I can see farther. Though, I didn't set it up at all, my Java-savvy friend did it for me.

EDIT: Buuuut now that I read Ender's thing, I think I'll try to set that up. Looks nice. :D
Enronin

Postby SpiderJerusalem » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:12 am

>2,5 weeks
>no palisades

dude....

I play for maybe 5 weeks, with my 4. char at the moment but th first thing you do is get yeomanry and than get a palisade up...
-Bottleneck-
SpiderJerusalem

Next

Return to In Congress Assembled