I have a theory about russians, pols and brs

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: I have a theory about russians, pols and brs

Postby GrapefruitV » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:31 am

c4_d wrote:where racist? i dont understand your 'logic'. I do not make exceptions if i kill thief, or vandal, Eurepean, Asian, African .I kill the asshole, and do not choose race.

Actually I was just messing with Nooby in non-obvious way.
But it was indeed racist, you just assumed that people of a whole nation are all the same and this behavior comes to them with blood and/or passport. This is exactly what racism is, despite the fact that you might think it was a flattering definition for the russians.
GrapefruitV

Postby loftar » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:51 am

GrapefruitV wrote:But it was indeed racist, you just assumed that people of a whole nation are all the same and this behavior comes to them with blood and/or passport.

It does seem fair to say that nationality, upbringing and the influence of those with whom you live have a very strong influence on behavior, though, doesn't it? Saying that "a Russian does this or that" should probably not be interpreted as "if one is Russian, then his reaction to this or that situation will be uniquely determined by these or those inescapable rules of behaviorism", but rather as "a great deal of Russians display a strong tendency to do this or that".

Just as it would be incorrect to say that "people of a whole nation are all the same and this behavior comes to them with blood", it would be just as incorrect to say that "nationality has no influence whatsoever on behavior and we're all just isolated individuals of whom nothing can be said before testing the individual response".
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby popfor » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:03 am

loftar where is your blog i would like it thanks

loftar for US president 2014
Last edited by popfor on Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
my avatar is stolen without permission
#badboysclub
popfor

Location: E̹̙̺̬̖͈̘̭̙̘̔̈́̍͆͌̋̊̈́̀̎d̡̨̺̠̠̜̲̹͕̯̑̀͂͂̈̇̿̏͝͝g̨̙̻̼͎͖̱͔̗͙̐̅̇͗̈́̔͛̌̌͠ŷ͔̼͓̺̮̪̫̙̬̐͊̀́̊͆͝͝͝ͅ

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:05 am

Loftar spitting some real shit over here
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby GrapefruitV » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 am

loftar wrote:
GrapefruitV wrote:But it was indeed racist, you just assumed that people of a whole nation are all the same and this behavior comes to them with blood and/or passport.

It does seem fair to say that nationality, upbringing and the influence of those with whom you live have a very strong influence on behavior, though, doesn't it? Saying that "a Russian does this or that" should probably not be interpreted as "if one is Russian, then his reaction to this or that situation will be uniquely determined by these or those inescapable rules of behaviorism", but rather as "a great deal of Russians display a strong tendency to do this or that".

Just as it would be incorrect to say that "people of a whole nation are all the same and this behavior comes to them with blood", it would be just as incorrect to say that "nationality has no influence whatsoever on behavior and we're all just isolated individuals of whom nothing can be said before testing the individual response".

Well, yes, and that's why I was trying to mess with Nooby in the first place, you're pretty much quotting my point on the matter from another discussion we had previously. I would only argue (or clarify the definition) with nationality thing. Nationality as blood and genes has very little to none influence on behavior, but influence is huge in social environment sense, which includes, but is not limited to culture, tradition, standard of living in given country, etc. And it is indeed not racist to say, for example, "Russians are christians", even though there are almost 40 millions adepts of other religions and atheists, while it would be racist (or at least rude and ignorant) to assume someone is christian, because he's russian.
However in this particular case original thesis was not based on statistics, known and commonly observable facts or tendencies, I wouldn't even call it a spread myth, it is basically one man's perception of his nation, which he advises to "think about" whenever you meet russians.
GrapefruitV

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:12 am

Trying to sound smart around the dev
Tbh Id do the same but I don't feel like typing 3 paragraphs that sound official and smart.
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby borka » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:29 pm

yes yes you're some individual ;)
borka

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:10 pm

borka wrote:yes yes you're some individual ;)

Damn right yo
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby popfor » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:03 am

FUK THE DEVS YO WE THE PEEPL WH CARE???? ¦]

MORTAL WAS SMITTEN FOR THIS POST
Image Image
my avatar is stolen without permission
#badboysclub
popfor

Location: E̹̙̺̬̖͈̘̭̙̘̔̈́̍͆͌̋̊̈́̀̎d̡̨̺̠̠̜̲̹͕̯̑̀͂͂̈̇̿̏͝͝g̨̙̻̼͎͖̱͔̗͙̐̅̇͗̈́̔͛̌̌͠ŷ͔̼͓̺̮̪̫̙̬̐͊̀́̊͆͝͝͝ͅ

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:24 am

popfor wrote:FUK THE DEVS YO WE THE PEEPL WH CARE???? ¦]

YE
I AGREE WITH THAT STATEMENT

MORTAL WAS SMITTEN FOR THIS POST
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled