INFO

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: INFO

Postby AntonK55 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:23 am

spawningmink wrote:so he tells us where to meet him...we go there spoiler hes not there lel

I really can't catch your point, what do you mean? ;)
AntonK55

Postby Amanda44 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:25 am

venatorvenator wrote:
Woot wrote:I consider out of game threats to be above and beyond a hnh feud, It's uncalled for and in a great big world like ours, death threats on the internet can be cause for worry, you never know who out there actually is crazy enough to track you down and kill you.

Is there not a precedent for permabans and such? obviously the gamemakers take a hands off approach to trolling and shenanigans(and rightly so) but i'd be a lot happier if these situations that get out of game were taken care of.

+1

I doubt permaban would work but something should be done by mods and devs of course. That's crossing the line.

There is a system in place for permabans to players who harass or threaten others in this way actually - I'm not sure if it extends to skype conversations, I can't see why it wouldn't, but idk - the player who received the threats should just post the relevant information and a complaint to Jorb.

I agree it can be scary having unknown ppl threatening to track you down or w/e but some context should be applied, saying these things during an argument is the exact same thing as you say to each other in rl when you scrap, it's highly unlikely anyone is really going to track you down and turn up on your doorstep. Not that I'm in any way condoning such threats, I'm just saying there is a difference between shouting 'i'm gonna kill your mum' and actually killing someones mum. The player who recieved the threats should not allow themselves to be pushed out of the game.

If it happens to you on skype, just stop the conversation and block them, problem gone - if it happens here, report them, problem gone.

It may seem like you have no control, but you do, you just have to exercise it.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Elimere » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:31 am

Amanda44 wrote:
venatorvenator wrote:
Woot wrote:I consider out of game threats to be above and beyond a hnh feud, It's uncalled for and in a great big world like ours, death threats on the internet can be cause for worry, you never know who out there actually is crazy enough to track you down and kill you.

Is there not a precedent for permabans and such? obviously the gamemakers take a hands off approach to trolling and shenanigans(and rightly so) but i'd be a lot happier if these situations that get out of game were taken care of.

+1

I doubt permaban would work but something should be done by mods and devs of course. That's crossing the line.

There is a system in place for permabans to players who harass or threaten others in this way actually - I'm not sure if it extends to skype conversations, I can't see why it wouldn't, but idk - the player who received the threats should just post the relevant information and a complaint to Jorb.

I agree it can be scary having unknown ppl threatening to track you down or w/e but some context should be applied, saying these things during an argument is the exact same thing as you say to each other in rl when you scrap, it's highly unlikely anyone is really going to track you down and turn up on your doorstep. Not that I'm in any way condoning such threats, I'm just saying there is a difference between shouting 'i'm gonna kill your mum' and actually killing someones mum. The player who recieved the threats should not allow themselves to be pushed out of the game.

If it happens to you on skype, just stop the conversation and block them, problem gone - if it happens here, report them, problem gone.

It may seem like you have no control, but you do, you just have to exercise it.

Thanks. I'll get the information to Jorb. I care less about my in game stolen items and more about him threatening to dox myself and others who called him out on being a thief.
Elimere

Postby spawningmink » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:31 am

I think loftar needs to help us all and tell us his coords
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby AntonK55 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:42 am

borka wrote:he posted a screenshot of the informations you gave at Skype - to me no doxing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doxing ;)
AntonK55

Postby Amanda44 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:46 am

Elimere wrote:Thanks. I'll get the information to Jorb. I care less about my in game stolen items and more about him threatening to dox myself and others who called him out on being a thief.

Ok, but pls bear in mind what I said about context, you can't permaban everyone who says something silly in the heat of the moment, I'm not guaranteeing they will act on it, just that if you are really that worried about someones threats, you should report it. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Elimere » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:53 am

I have the conversation saved. I found it ridiculous that he threatened to dox me for calling him out on stealing and being ass. Like wtf, face the people you stole from, don't break the law because you got your panties in a bunch. He also mentioned denial of service. -super lame little kid.
Elimere

Postby spawningmink » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:56 am

I love how he proceeds to mock us but wont face his punishment
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby venatorvenator » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:03 am

Amanda44 wrote: I agree it can be scary having unknown ppl threatening to track you down or w/e but some context should be applied, saying these things during an argument is the exact same thing as you say to each other in rl when you scrap, it's highly unlikely anyone is really going to track you down and turn up on your doorstep.

What I was thinking with that post was actually that if left unchecked things like these can escalate to dangerous degrees. As the other poster said, you never know when the person behind the other screen is a no-lifer sociopath, and deep web murders-for-hire are not that much expensive than a ticket to that guy's house in Sweden. So, you see, someone threatens someone else to dox and ruin his life, and out of desperation the victim might consider doing that sort of thing. Escalation is a reality and I do believe this is a serious issue.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby spawningmink » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:07 am

I agree.....mods please ban :( hes threating my plot neighbour then sent me a very scary message....I know its off the internet but still many death threats in it
http://puu.sh/dZvvV/d00d7baefc.png
pic of scury message :(

spawningmink
Under curfew

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled