Game Development: Tar Plow

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Tar Plow

Postby neiroshop » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:05 am

jordancoles wrote:
ogey wrote:My crops have been pretty consistent, sometimes they go down but mostly the quality has been going up. Maybe it's just bad luck.

It started with this patch and has been happening regularly across multiple crop types. It's not like I'm hitting the local quality cap at the qualities I'm working with and all of my skills and abilities are well above the seed qualities

exactly the same for me. Onions,beets & turnips all going down by 1 Q each.

Flax still goes up.
neiroshop

Postby Duane » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:39 am

I've also noticed my crops growing VERY fast. Lettuce to stage 2 in less than 8 hours, my field of beetroots finished over the course of probably four.

No idea what's happening. They're still going down in quality.
Duane

Postby cherryquartz » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:12 pm

Kaios wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Was something broken with this addition? Since this patch I've noticed that multiple crop types in my base have been going down in quality from previous harvests. I have the farmer credo and 3x's the farming skill required for these seeds and yet I've had beets, pipeweed, barley and carrots go down 1 point in quality from previous harvests. I can tell because I keep the previous harvest's seeds/stockpiles nearby and they are higher than my most recent harvests.

What is going on?

I have not experienced anything like that but I have noticed that many of my crops still have varied growth completion and are not finishing at the same time. Beets, Wheat, Barley, Onions, and Leeks and possibly some others have all continued to delay farming of them because of the patchy growth throughout each stage and on the final stage, which does not appear to be resolved.

Ive noticed the random growth timing is even worse since the update.
cherryquartz

Postby valeriesusanne » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:28 pm

As of today, I too am still having trouble with crops not finishing even close to the same time - much worse than before the patch.
This has actually become very frustrating - is it being addressed? Is it only me? I couldn't find this problem elsewhere in the forum.
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Postby cherryquartz » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:57 am

Just lost 8ql on my turnips :shock: :shock: :shock:
cherryquartz

Postby lordgrunt » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:35 pm

how does that work? crops were harvested all at once b4 this replant. 1 was first then nr 2 after 1h and nr 3 after another hour.

not to mention the onslaught of terrible quality improvements, i hardly ever see +5, things like +1,0,-1 are most common nowadays
lordgrunt

Postby mvgulik » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:07 pm

lordgrunt wrote:how does that work?

See the Sevenless part at http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Bee_Skep
And the "quote from Jorb" part at http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Category:Crops#Notes%3A
mvgulik

Postby lordgrunt » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:57 pm

both skeps are a plenty and timings on this specific field are very even, hence me saing i harvested that plot in 1 go.

the thing is why some crops planted 2h after the first one mature even before those planted first. might be a thing with those tiny fields being separately counted as "whole" fields for timers sake, but still, i posted it in this thread for this reason, those things were supossed to be synced now to mature as a whole field at once. i observed few other fields exactly at the time of maturing and they were popping up second one after another, just as if being planted. so why the over 2h discrepancy here?
lordgrunt

Previous

Return to Announcements