Game Development: Hungry Hat

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Hungry Hat

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:30 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:
shadowchris wrote:
Satiations now increase and decrease 3x slower, as suggested here. The main functional change of this is that you should have to eat less often.

Nothing like swwet blissful irony like nerfing satiations based on an idea from a faction that botted meatpies(which are op btw) 24 fucking 7. But yeah good idda.

You're a retard.

tfw people who don't understand botting complain when botting gets nerfed because the people who suggested it bot. The standard, I guess
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:53 am

jorb wrote:[*] Fixed a bug with coronation stones not being protected by claims, and thus possible to destroy through visitor buff.

Are you guys sure this was the case? In world 11 I got the both the KoA & AD coronation stones with visitor and couldn't bash either. You needed realm permissions to do so if it had authority. AFAIK, it had the same protection as every other kind of authority objects if the person interacting with them had visitor. I think you guys got pranked by some pleb that didn't know what they were talking about.

If that isn't behavior you intend in general you should look at all other authority objects including village idols & claim totems

hehe
https://gfycat.com/eminentthatbellsnake
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
SnuggleSnail

Postby vatas » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:19 am

Are you guys sure this was the case? In world 11 I got the both the KoA & AD coronation stones with visitor and couldn't bash either.

Loftar earlier in this thread:
loftar wrote:
Vert wrote:report it in w10 get answer kingdom object isnt village object so they didnt get visitor protection

Well yes, but back then they had challenging mechanics instead. Since those have been removed this world, it turned out they were left entirely defenseless.

The essentially fixed development oversight that resulted from realm overhaul introduced in w13 reset.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:40 am

I don't believe you needed to challenge coronation stones to destroy them during world 10(late), 11, or 12 and during that time I destroyed probably close to ten of them personally. I can see a world where I'm mistaken and in all of those cases there were exceptions because of authority or permissions, but I really don't think so.
SnuggleSnail

Postby iamahh » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:11 pm

did new build.xml changed data folder's path or am I trippin as usual
iamahh

Postby loftar » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:56 pm

iamahh wrote:did new build.xml changed data folder's path or am I trippin as usual

I don't know what you mean by "data folder's path". I know no directory that build.xml references that could be called a "data folder". There have been updates to build.xml lately, but the only paths that have been changed has been in the lib directory, and in introducing the bin directory.

SnuggleSnail wrote:I don't believe you needed to challenge coronation stones to destroy them during world 10(late), 11, or 12

I haven't gone around and destroyed and coronation stones myself, and permissions sometimes to interact in unexpected ways, but that's the way the code reads to me, for sure.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:44 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Satiations now increase and decrease 3x slower, as suggested here. The main functional change of this is that you should have to eat less often.

This is a great change
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Apocoreo » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:16 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Satiations now increase and decrease 3x slower, as suggested here. The main functional change of this is that you should have to eat less often.

Huge step in the right direction for the working Hnh player. Eating every 8 hours for max efficiency was impossible without botting. Still a daily ordeal, but should be less stress on playtimes, food industries, and liquor industries. Less time to hit max hunger too. People were complaining this will make salt more valuable but I'm not sure, more time for hunger to drop means I'll be using them less, but I guess the effect per salt is better all in all. I've been able to obtain salt through alts and timers without outright botting anyway.

One thing people need to realize is every positive change is also positive for botters, less tedium just means a human can realistically do what the bots can do either way.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby talon00302 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:48 pm

jorb wrote:No patch this week.

?
talon00302

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:52 am

talon00302 wrote:
jorb wrote:No patch this week.

?

You got the patch 2 days ago, THIS WEEK?

if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements