Game Development: Realm of Toads

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Realm of Toads

Postby Kyrex » Tue May 30, 2023 12:12 am

Thank you!!

I look forward to finding, and befriending, these toad-friends.
ImageImageImage
Kyrex

Postby jock » Tue May 30, 2023 1:31 pm

I think this firebrand change was badly done with no consideration of the balance or economic impact on average players. As this benefits players that are ahead, due to their access to better bones and better infrastructure.

Going from needing a tree and a good axe to needing a tree and a saw is pretty big considering making a saw of the same quality as an axe is much harder, really your axe quality should always beat your saw quality(unless buying a saw, even then saws are bought at a lower quality for similar prices.).

I'm not saying that it wasn't needed but it removed a pathway to making ash, which overall reduces game content and accessibility for a larger portion of players(benefiting the top) and adds more weight to the already buckling bone-gathering process that average players are already struggling with.

Rather than just complain I have provided a solution that would benefit everyone and add content/pathways to ash production :https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=74436

I also spoke with Jorb (some time ago) and Loftar recently in an attempt to provide a solution to the access problem for finding better bones. I suggested that dungeons have a much higher potential for bones (scaling in diff). With ants going up to 200ql, bees 300ql, beavers 400ql and bats 600ql. This would buff the long term rewards of doing dungeons even to where we are in the mid-game now.
jock

Postby fulma » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:18 am

jock wrote:I think this firebrand change was badly done with no consideration of the balance or economic impact on average players.

I don't think they ever consider this before patching, I remember several other occasions where this happened, nerfing the bone rings and clay production mid world only gives more advantage to those ahead.
fulma

Postby jock » Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:47 am

fulma wrote:
jock wrote:I think this firebrand change was badly done with no consideration of the balance or economic impact on average players.

I don't think they ever consider this before patching, I remember several other occasions where this happened, nerfing the bone rings and clay production mid world only gives more advantage to those ahead.

This doesn't just affect this world, this will be an ongoing benefit to anyone ahead in any world. Due the cost of buy/making an axe being much lower than other options. This actually increases the gaps between the top and the average,
jock

Postby pawnchito » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:14 pm

Agree, this change kind of sucks. If the intent is to "fight" bots maybe implement a good way to get ash in a significant quantity other ways.

Frog guy is ok, like a quest giver I guess? Curio will be nice early world.
pawnchito

Postby gravesmerch » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:11 pm

can't put hat on the frog because boulder will block
gravesmerch

Previous

Return to Announcements