Game Development: Pushing Arrangements

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Pushing Arrangements

Postby qoonpooka » Mon May 15, 2017 1:58 am

Riou1231 wrote:So has anyone found a stag beetle yet? Supposedly you find it in the forest, but I've been all around and I haven't found one yet. Do they spawn in a specific forest biome?

Found one. Weight 16, q21 had 265LP/hr, lasts 36h. Seems okay for going on vacation, but otherwise not worth it.
qoonpooka

Postby Burinn » Mon May 15, 2017 3:27 am

About fucking time.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby azrid » Mon May 15, 2017 7:40 pm

Works better than anticipated.
I love running through the woods now. In fact Id rather go out on foot than horse.
azrid

Postby stickman » Mon May 15, 2017 11:16 pm

qoonpooka wrote:
Riou1231 wrote:So has anyone found a stag beetle yet? Supposedly you find it in the forest, but I've been all around and I haven't found one yet. Do they spawn in a specific forest biome?

Found one. Weight 16, q21 had 265LP/hr, lasts 36h. Seems okay for going on vacation, but otherwise not worth it.

is that considered bad now? with study tables I have issues filling my study up... its a full time job trying to fill your study... I still put on dragon flies and poppy flowers and stuff that are easy to get so I don't have to keep filling it.
stickman

Postby Sevenless » Mon May 15, 2017 11:41 pm

stickman wrote:
qoonpooka wrote:

is that considered bad now? with study tables I have issues filling my study up... its a full time job trying to fill your study... I still put on dragon flies and poppy flowers and stuff that are easy to get so I don't have to keep filling it.

It's mediocre because it's inconsistent I'd say tbh. Inconsistent items like fate curios tend to have 400+ base. If you're actively keeping a full study, which is doable with crafted curios, it's not good enough to be worth breaking the routine.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby qoonpooka » Tue May 16, 2017 1:04 am

Sevenless wrote:It's mediocre because it's inconsistent I'd say tbh. Inconsistent items like fate curios tend to have 400+ base. If you're actively keeping a full study, which is doable with crafted curios, it's not good enough to be worth breaking the routine.

It's also 16LP/Weight-hour @q21. My prisms are Q30 and on par with this.

Q10 stuff that meets-or-beats:
Barkboat (Easy to up the Q on)
Feather duster (easy to mass produce)
Primitive Doll
Rattle-Tattle (Easy to up the Q on)
Seer's Spindle

Hell even Snapdragons.

It's a nice grab if you're going to go on an extended vacation and need a variety of 32h+ options. (I'm going away for a week, myself, so he'll chill in my cupboards until then.) But there's a ton of stuff that works harder for you. If you've got gobs of INT and study report squares are your choke? It might be more worth it. It's 1x1.
qoonpooka

Postby Sevenless » Tue May 16, 2017 1:56 am

It's rare enough and high enough LP that I'd say it's intended as a fate forageable (mostly for endgame players who have 200+ int and don't care about the int cost, just the LP/hour and XP cost). Actually I've seen more bluebells than stags since, wouldn't be surprised if it is fated.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Tony88 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:57 am

Push out does not work on cliffs. Darn squirrels are smart enough to catch me on a cliff.

Why do cliffs have the annoying property of blocking interaction with objects until you walk away from the cliff??? (Example: jump a cliff, then try to get a branch from a tree or pick up a taproot)

Personally I liked the stamina boost. It was useful while mining because it restored stamina without costing energy.

Edit: Thank you for push out! It's a big help in most situations!
Tony88

Postby burnemall » Tue May 16, 2017 12:26 pm

Great Patch, worth the effort that went into it. Smooth sailing from now on, its actually great that it doens't work on horseback since it keeps reminding us just how big of an achievement it really is! :D

Also thanks for listening to our feedback regarding the boosts. Although the speed boost is still too intrusive (area of the animation is just too big) and common for my taste, it has gotten much better with the removal of the rest of them.
burnemall

Postby linkfanpc » Wed May 17, 2017 5:48 pm

SUUUUUUUPER hyped for optimizations!
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements