Game Development: World 15

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 15

Postby Dawidio123 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:43 pm

Yes, now remove winter.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby kirion » Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:06 am

Dawidio123 wrote:Yes, now extend winter to 20 irl days.

FTFY :twisted:

But honestly, am I the only one that enjoy winter? lol
kirion

Postby Audiosmurf » Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:21 am

Whens patch day
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:28 am

Sosig and symbel are soon. Can you guys figure out hungercide before then? I don't rly wanna kill myself and I don't rly wanna feel like I'm wasting my effort by not killing myself
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby yym331 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:07 am

loftar wrote:
Kaios wrote:With the addition of new items the majority of them also tend to include discovery LP and adding on this an increase from subscription and verification it doesn't really take all that long to net a large amount of learning points in a short amount of time. Have you taken such factors in to consideration in relation to things such as the cost of rage, theft, vandalism, etc.?

That's a fair point. I'm not sure if it matters, given that it's not exactly as if we "tuned" the time-to-get-to-rage to some particular value to begin with, but it might be worth thinking about.

Personally, there is no need to adjust the LP required for Rage. This is because the attacking side carries the risk of 30,000 LP. In a battle between a player who acquired 30,000 LP right at the start of the game and learned Rage, and the defending side that spent 30,000 LP on UA, the advantage lies with the defending side.
Haven and Hearth Secrets of Hunting and Combat - Archive
https://youtu.be/2HdoAHInheQ
yym331

Postby Skrain » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:31 am

yym331 wrote:
loftar wrote:
Kaios wrote:With the addition of new items the majority of them also tend to include discovery LP and adding on this an increase from subscription and verification it doesn't really take all that long to net a large amount of learning points in a short amount of time. Have you taken such factors in to consideration in relation to things such as the cost of rage, theft, vandalism, etc.?

That's a fair point. I'm not sure if it matters, given that it's not exactly as if we "tuned" the time-to-get-to-rage to some particular value to begin with, but it might be worth thinking about.

Personally, there is no need to adjust the LP required for Rage. This is because the attacking side carries the risk of 30,000 LP. In a battle between a player who acquired 30,000 LP right at the start of the game and learned Rage, and the defending side that spent 30,000 LP on UA, the advantage lies with the defending side.

I disagree with that last part. You're not spending 30K LP on rage without gearing toward fighting, meanwhile there's far more diverse non combative abilities and skills you're spending time/LP on if you aren't combat focused.
Why would a farmer spend 30K LP worth in UA and not farming and cooking? There is no inherit bonus value for not getting rage defensively(in the early game) if you're not planning on fighting, meanwhile, if you're getting rage quick, you're planning on using it.
Skrain

Postby Sevenless » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:00 am

yym331 wrote:Personally, there is no need to adjust the LP required for Rage. This is because the attacking side carries the risk of 30,000 LP. In a battle between a player who acquired 30,000 LP right at the start of the game and learned Rage, and the defending side that spent 30,000 LP on UA, the advantage lies with the defending side.

Sorry man, that's a pretty bad take when 95% of the population are pve only players. And when the lp/hr rate is so vastly different between the standard player and experienced players.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:17 am

inherit hunger

losing your character should be a punishment/setback, not a reward
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby strpk0 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:47 am

Nightdawg wrote:inherit hunger

this, except pretend i said it first
also, satiations too

death mechanics are already very lenient, and needing to kill yourself repeatedly in order to have optimal stats is a garbage video gaming experience unless you feel like (and have the time for) sweating that hard
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby pagsiu » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:51 am

Nightdawg wrote:inherit hunger

100x this. Just do it.
Trapped here since W2.
Balin.
pagsiu

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements