Game Development: Provincial Oven

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Provincial Oven

Postby AlexNT » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:18 pm

Either the Swamp Fever has already been toned down, or it's not as terrible.

I got it yesterday by thoroughly scouring ~15 map tiles of local swamp for candleberries -- it wasn't a "brief" exposure by any means. It was at 1 when I logged out.

5 hours ago I logged in to find it at 36. It has been ticking down gradually since then, now at 23.

NOTE: putting the character into a bed pushed it up, to 38 within 10 minutes. So instead I was mostly idling in fresh air since then. No idea if that's related, but the wound didn't tick up anymore. I never applied any snake juice.

EDIT: now at 21 (5 minutes later).
Last edited by AlexNT on Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
AlexNT

Postby Jaggens » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:19 pm

snake coop and breeding when btw?
Jaggens

Postby NoBizd » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:25 pm

Ksalrin wrote:Please, tell me how i can make this snake juice? What ingredients/skill are needed?

3x adder (snake) fang, salt (ocean) water, sweetener (honey, birchtap, maplesap). You also need jar to store it in and cauldron to boil everything.

In terms of skills - probably first aid.
NoBizd

Postby Valgar » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:32 pm

A snake juice for treatment ?! Need something else for a fever.

Here an idea to prevent/counter the Fever :

Valgar

Postby mvgulik » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:43 pm

AlexNT wrote:So instead I was mostly idling in fresh air since then.

Hm ... That makes me wonder about the potential effect of:
- Walking in shallow fresh water. (probably no effect)
- Taking a swim. (Careful ! Thinking no risk no glory here.)
- - Taking a 'naked' swim. (same deal)
mvgulik

Postby Astarisk » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:43 pm

I for one am willing to embrace our new swamp fever overlords. I logged in to play today, took a look at my TODO list and realized Jorb has helped me lower what needed to be done!
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby Odynak » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:44 pm

Ksalrin wrote:
Please, tell me how i can make this snake juice? What ingredients/skill are needed?

Three adder fangs, salt water and a sweetener. Also you need a cauldron and clay jar. Not sure about skills. Maybe firs medicine.
Odynak

Postby RedKGB » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:51 pm

It has been proposed on discord that this might not be a killing wound, but a wound to slow down hardcore players. That the best way to heal it is being offline. Not sure if this is true or a side effect.
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby NoBizd » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:54 pm

RedKGB wrote:It has been proposed on discord that this might not be a killing wound, but a wound to slow down hardcore players. That the best way to heal it is being offline. Not sure if this is true or a side effect.

Hardcore players will just make another alt for swamps then as everything there requires nearly 0 perc*explo.
NoBizd

Postby Zampfeo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:13 pm

RedKGB wrote:It has been proposed on discord that this might not be a killing wound, but a wound to slow down hardcore players. That the best way to heal it is being offline. Not sure if this is true or a side effect.

Committing crimes prevents logging off. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not that swamp fever is a death sentence for not only PVPers, but people who've committed assault simply to defend themselves. It's funny that Jorb was just recently talking about new players getting rage early to protect their drying claim from being destroyed, then they add this that just so happens to kill anyone that defensively buys (and uses) rage.
Zampfeo

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements