Game Development: Ghost Apple Gelatin

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Ghost Apple Gelatin

Postby jorb » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:24 pm

BoxingRock wrote:I'm sure the 80 people playing are very appreciative

Glad to hear it, my man! Ty!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby BoxingRock » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:25 pm

jorb wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:this sounds kinda cancer ngl

Oh noes, the mining bot needs extra if statements.

would it have been such a difficult task to make 2 types of mining or to make mining a boulder a toggleable skill?

Did you spend any more than 2 minutes thinking about the repercussions?
Like how annoying it would be mining out slimes/worms and boulders at the same time?
having to pick up and put down boulders with big hitboxes in tiny corridors in a panicky pinch?

you just salem'd haven mining and you should be embarrassed by it
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby Ardennesss » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:26 pm

jorb wrote:

Don't listen to Snail, jorb! You hit the nail on the head with this fantastically insightful post. This was an absolutely great idea that is going to bring great joy to all that play, and can I just say - the way you folks flawlessly implemented such a well thought out and issue-free feature is breathtaking. Why just the other day I was thinking to myself that I wish mining wasn't so easy, and had just a little more pointless tedium to deal with- and then I chuckled to myself when I remembered I can just add some extra if statements to my bots! Gosh imagine how shitty it'd be if I was a real player that didn't use bots, right?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby jorb » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:29 pm

BoxingRock wrote:Like how annoying it would be mining out slimes/worms and boulders at the same time?
having to pick up and put down boulders with big hitboxes in tiny corridors in a panicky pinch?

They spawn on the tile in front of you. No need to lift them if attaq'd.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:30 pm

jorb wrote:

Already updated. I think it's going to annoy regular users more than it's going to annoy the botlords
Last edited by SnuggleSnail on Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby JohnBolognese » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:31 pm

Bit disappointed that the boulder spawn percentage seems to be so low.
Still good update!
JohnBolognese
Under curfew

Postby shurbra » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:34 pm

JohnBolognese wrote:Bit disappointed that the boulder spawn percentage seems to be so low.
Still good update!

Love the snow update and completely agree with this. Please consider making boulder spawn more frequently in the future perhaps.
shurbra
Under curfew

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:35 pm

jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Added a small chance, when mining, to excavate a boulder of the same type as the tile you are mining from.

i like this, but it could be better with out annoying people! could you make it its own tool? instead of clicking mine youd click excavate which turns mined tiles in to boulders.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby BoxingRock » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:35 pm

Another really smart way to implement the boulder thing would have been to allow us to excavate boulder from floor tiles at a heavy stamina cost

since we can chip mountain face forever without changing the terrain elevation and dig cellars infinitely in the same spot if we do the log cabin trick to get boulders

it would have been a way smarter solution that follows the same current silly mechanics of floor digging, with the added bonus of needing to still prospect the same way we do when we make the cheaty log cabins to excavate boulders
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby shubla » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:41 pm

Could go all salem so you wouldn't get any ore but only boulders. Wouldn't be too bad. Especially if it would make digging big tunnels faster.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements