Game Development: Liberty Shrimp

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Liberty Shrimp

Postby TheUltimateC » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:14 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Cellars no longer require just one boulder mined out to complete.[/list]

Ok who snitched about this, Jorb reveal their identity, we shall have them on a stake.
TheUltimateC

Postby Reiber » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:14 pm

mystic adjustment, magic mushrooms, shrimp, crab buffs, thank you this patch has most of what i am asking for, and more, i take the nerf too punching hefhogs and the basementrocks. :D
Reiber

Postby shubla » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:14 pm

shubla wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] Added "Liberty Caps", mushroom. Can be grown in pots. Pretty trippy.

nice

I would like to add that its pretty wild to add "liberty cap" mushroom in 9/11 anniversary.
Not sure if intentional.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Kuriak » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:17 pm

Very happy about the crab changes. Shit was like walking into a woodchipper every time I wanted to make some crab cakes.

springyb wrote:Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich.

That's about it.

Came here to say exactly this. All that Bubba wisdom and only one use for shrimp??

Hedgehogs now give "Quill'd" wounds if you attempt to punch them.

Absolutely haram
Last edited by Kuriak on Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kuriak

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:18 pm

jorb wrote:Based
-----------------------
  • Added "Liberty Caps", mushroom. Can be grown in pots. Pretty trippy.
  • Added "Bay Shrimp", a shrimp zooming about in shallow ocean water. Can currently only be picked via minimap.
  • Reworked and simplified quests provided by the "Mystic" credo, with the ambition to make it more of a viable early game Credo: Industry dependent drugs come only later in the credo. Earlier drug quests focus on "Liberty Caps". Reduced amount of "Experience" quests significantly. Added quests to dance and do drugs under various specific conditions (rain, time of day, &c). Let us know how it feels now.
  • Palisades will now never cascade from unclaimed land to claimed land.
  • Fixed a bug by which it was possible to cross a claim border without a trespassing check when following a ridge.
  • "Reeds" are now an alchemical ingredient.
  • "Stone Pine" & "Black Pine" now give tar in amounts closer to "Pine".
  • Casting molds now present their required casting materials, rather than just the cost of the mold.
  • All casting molds are now unlocked with discovery of metal.
  • Casting recipes (e.g. Tinker's Throwing Axe) can now present their tool values in tooltips.
  • Hedgehogs now give "Quill'd" wounds if you attempt to punch them.
  • "Inspect" pointer now provides name tooltips for most anything that has them, including various map terrains. Particularly added for mined out tiles in caves, but will expand.
  • Buffed various curiosities: Bear Teeth, Boar Tusk, Lamp Stalk, everything Itsy Bitsy related.
  • Buffed and harmonized various foods: Bread, Chantrelles, Blueberries, Lingonberries, Grubs, Cavebulbs, some fruits, nuts, & shrooms.
  • "Raw Hide!" should no longer cost experience points to activate when there are no horses around, and should also not cost 2x reported cost when there are. Adjusted the stun effect timer downward somewhat, particularly in the farther reaches of the effect.

Not Based
-----------------------
  • Reworked damage from crabs in the direction of leniency. Gloves should now always reduce damage taken, even if you do take it.
  • Nerfed various curiosities: Mistletoe.

You Could Already Do This Tier
-----------------------
  • "Metal Cabinet"s can now be built outside.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby ZantetsukenX » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:19 pm

Damn, my coal painting idea didn't make it in.
ZantetsukenX

Postby vatas » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:21 pm

Overall pretty awesome patch, but nerfing Mistletoe was like busting kneecaps of a person who previously could just barely walk with crutches.

Maybe compensate by reducing Mental Weight?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby terechgracz » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:21 pm

Based.
terechgracz

Postby dorag » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:23 pm

Pills wrote:
Reworked and simplified quests provided by the "Mystic" credo, with the ambition to make it more of a viable early game Credo: Industry dependent drugs come only later in the credo. Earlier drug quests focus on "Liberty Caps". Reduced amount of "Experience" quests significantly. Added quests to dance and do drugs under various specific conditions (rain, time of day, &c). Let us know how it feels now.

oh thats great
dorag

Postby Procne » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:24 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Buffed various curiosities: Bear Teeth, Boar Tusk, Lamp Stalk, everything Itsy Bitsy related.

What has been buffed? Seems the same to me. What am I missing?
Last edited by Procne on Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Procne

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements