Divine Intervention: The Case of Core vs ST & CotTK

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Divine Intervention: The Case of Core vs ST & CotTK

Postby Jackard » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:15 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:20:53 Headshot > Tonky, dont insult me with hacking. Account stealing is only way of retards like AD kiddos

Jackard

Postby smileyguy4you » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:26 pm

at some point they needed to put their feet down and set a new precedent by making an example of a bad case of bug abuse. this was the perfect time to do so and hopefully stops more of it in the future.

yes the precedent from old haven was abuse the crap out of bugs with no consequence, and with any common sense, once you had a paying player base in a perma death game, allowing the abuse of bugs (especially ones that harm those players experiences) would result in punishment, that is very easy logic and common sense. Sadly that unspoken understanding of basic common sense did not get through to these guys and it forced jorb/loftar to make an example of them so other dummies who dont have basic common sense would think twice before doing this crap, people arguing and defending them is just sad.

edit: just my viewpoint not speaking for anyone...or anything
smileyguy4you

Postby burgingham » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:29 pm

Spartak3481 wrote:"All is fair in love and war" and "May the best man win"
But they don't allow the strongest to win and what is more give privileges to the weakest ლ༼ ▀̿ Ĺ̯ ▀̿ ლ༽
Just can't understand why nearly everybody's butthurting. I guess many of them just envy, but then why they write here about it?

You have to be trolling. Nobody can seriously have the opinion that abusing bugs is a legitimate way to get ahead in a game. They are called bugs for a reason. They are not supposed to be there.
burgingham

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:30 pm

burgingham wrote:
Spartak3481 wrote:"All is fair in love and war" and "May the best man win"
But they don't allow the strongest to win and what is more give privileges to the weakest ლ༼ ▀̿ Ĺ̯ ▀̿ ლ༽
Just can't understand why nearly everybody's butthurting. I guess many of them just envy, but then why they write here about it?

You have to be trolling. Nobody can seriously have the opinion that abusing bugs is a legitimate way to get ahead in a game. They are called bugs for a reason. They are not supposed to be there.

Russian Wiseman wrote:In fact all wrong perceive bugs. Bugs - this is the magic of this world. Well,
supernatural events and processes that do not fit into the
ordinary order of things. Some people accidentally or by long
researches get a grain of magical powers and have themselves to decide how they dispose of this finding.
DDDsDD999

Postby burgingham » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:32 pm

Fucking conspiracy theorists man. This sounds exactly like the arguments those make up...

Guess you can twist anything long enough to make your own truth.
burgingham

Postby g1real » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:39 pm

burgingham wrote:Except he only shows bugs after abusing them. A good bug hunter finds a bug, doesn't use it and reports it.

If you abuse them first you have no place in this game.

There's a nuance between use and abuse that you missed there with your wording.
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
g1real

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:48 pm

Today I learned that a "Russian Wise Man" considered finding exploits to be like developing magical powers, which somehow justifies exploiting to grief other players.

I thought I was a legitimate fucking LARPer.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Jackard » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:54 pm

Let me tell you of my world-level super time magic, "CRA$H N ROLLBAXK"
Jackard

Postby crfernald » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:38 pm

jorb wrote:The verdict is as follows.

Punishment
  • The village of Core has been expropriated in its entirety on account of having been used in a criminal conspiracy. It has been selectively nuked and hereby thrown to the dogs.
  • All characters belonging to the aforementioned offending accounts (Jimbable, APXEOLOG, Headshot, Badich, Madsmax, mrHally) have been deleted.

So you do a bad job in developing the game, leaving chairjumps in, a lazy and ignorant oversight and a lesson you didn't learn from W5, and then lash out like an autistic man child at people for abusing a game that you left full of bugs? You realize that people were posting about walljumps before the game even went live, right? We know you're lazy and don't learn from the mistakes of past worlds, otherwise the curio system would be gone.

Protip: People are going to create alt accounts with new IPs and abuse walljumps anyways just to fuck with people. The lack of loot is no deterrent.

Try learning from your mistakes and, like magic, you don't have to put up with shit like this.
crfernald

Postby Kaios » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:46 pm

crfernald wrote:Try learning from your mistakes and, like magic, you don't have to put up with shit like this.

a remedy on the user-end might also be to try not being a piece of shit and just report the bugs after finding them. Then, like magic, we all don't have to put up with shit like this.
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements