Divine Intervention: The Case of Core vs ST & CotTK

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Divine Intervention: The Case of Core vs ST & CotTK

Postby bmjclark » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:04 pm

crfernald wrote:Try learning from your mistakes and, like magic, you don't have to put up with shit like this.

If only the mods would learn from their mistakes, you'd still be banned.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby ArvinJA » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:06 pm

Kaios wrote:a remedy on the user-end might also be to try not being a piece of shit and just report the bugs after finding them. Then, like magic, we all don't have to put up with shit like this.

Never trust the user, though. That's basic stuff. There will always be bugs, and the incentive system has to be as good as possible for dealing with them before they cause real harm. Bad precedents can have bad consequences, and while I think the wipe was good, crf does have a point in that this precedent actually makes possible kamikaze attacks (that can be carried out by alts).

Google translated from the Russian forum
The low life has lost its appeal
And I'm tired of walking these streets
To a room with its cupboards bare
ArvinJA

Postby crfernald » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:42 pm

Kaios wrote:
crfernald wrote:Try learning from your mistakes and, like magic, you don't have to put up with shit like this.

a remedy on the user-end might also be to try not being a piece of shit and just report the bugs after finding them. Then, like magic, we all don't have to put up with shit like this.

>try not being a piece of shit

bmjclark wrote:

If only the mods would learn from their mistakes, you'd still be banned.

Go easy on the ids-de-joooos stuff, crf. There's a part of me that finds you funny, but I want to make it clear that you are posting very much on probation. regards t. jorb

crfernald

Postby bmjclark » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Ah it was jorb that unbanned you? Might want to be careful what you wish for ¦]
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby crfernald » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:49 pm

Well he's learning that banning me is a mistake tbh

I guess there's still some hope fam
crfernald

Postby Kaios » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:50 pm

crfernald wrote:Where do you think we are?

Yeah I know and I understand how difficult it is (well, not really) for people like Headshot to stop themselves from being total pricks but it does not mean everyone is. But do his actions stop you from doing the right thing? Do they stop Arvin?

All a good player can do is report a bug when he or she finds it and hope everybody else does the same, I know this isn't always the case but to blame jorb and loftar because some guys decided to be idiots is nonsensical. They punished them and they fixed the bug, fuck yo compensation.
Kaios

Postby crfernald » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:59 pm

Kaios wrote:
crfernald wrote:Where do you think we are?

Yeah I know and I understand how difficult it is (well, not really) for people like Headshot to stop themselves from being total pricks but it does not mean everyone is. But do his actions stop you from doing the right thing? Do they stop Arvin?

All a good player can do is report a bug when he or she finds it and hope everybody else does the same, I know this isn't always the case but to blame jorb and loftar because some guys decided to be idiots is nonsensical. They punished them and they fixed the bug, fuck yo compensation.

I cannot speak for Arvin as I am white, but I can say that in W5 I used jumps along with everyone else. Same story with statues, strongboxes, and every other bug that every faction used including but not limited to crashing the server with scents and using abusive scripts. Everyone used these at one point or another, be they Odditown, Goons, Dis, AD, Ainran, fartgas marines, you name it.

I mean fuck I remember in w6 it was a just crash my shit up with scripting nonstop fam. I'm pretty sure we actually used it together when I was playing with deadlift and odditown for a very, very brief two days or so. In any case, you knowingly had that abusive script and Odditown did in fact use it in pvp.

We're all shitty people deep down, otherwise we'd be fucking normies.
crfernald

Postby ArvinJA » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:59 pm

Kaios wrote:the right thing

Precedents, rules and laws shouldn't be set with the good-natured majority in mind, they're for deterring the bad apples from doing the wrong thing, and possibly getting them to do the right thing. Personally, if I find a game-breaking bug (never really happened, but I have done things to expose poor mechanics) I don't use it for my own gain, but instead try getting the attention of J&L so it gets fixed. There's really no point in trying to get those who would do the right thing regardless, to do the right thing, we have to set precedents that will get people like Halloween to do them.
ArvinJA

Postby crfernald » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:02 pm

ArvinJA wrote:
Kaios wrote:the right thing

Precedents, rules and laws shouldn't be set with the good-natured majority in mind, they're for deterring the bad apples from doing the wrong thing, and possibly getting them to do the right thing. Personally, if I find a game-breaking bug (never really happened, but I have done things to expose poor mechanics) I don't use it for my own gain, but instead try getting the attention of J&L so it gets fixed. There's really no point in trying to get those who would do the right thing regardless, to do the right thing, we have to set precedents that will get people like Halloween to do them.

Marvin thats fucking bullshit and you know it well. Did W6 just never happen? Crash scripting against Ainran's strongboxed ram? Scentbotting?

We're all bad goyim.
crfernald

Postby ArvinJA » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:02 pm

crfernald wrote:I mean fuck I remember in w6 it was a just crash my shit up with scripting nonstop fam. I'm pretty sure we actually used it together when I was playing with deadlift and odditown for a very, very brief two days or so. In any case, you knowingly had that abusive script and Odditown did in fact use it in pvp.

We did crash Ainran outside our walls, but we never did it for our own gain, as we never ventured outside to attack them.

crfernald wrote:Crash scripting against Ainran's strongboxed ram? Scentbotting?

You're mixing two different events together, they were just doing their daily visit when we crashed them, and nothing came of it.
ArvinJA

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements