Game Development: Flagging Butcher

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Flagging Butcher

Postby y1yr » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:38 am

Eah BOYYYYYYYY! This DAB!
y1yr

Postby tigerlrg245 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:22 am

my dream of an in game dance contest are becoming more real each day
dab on the haters
tigerlrg245

Postby azrid » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:55 am

Myrgard wrote:very sad about the collapsed mine tiles and gems, it was such a fun feature.

Gems already super valuable without this exploit.
Myrgard wrote:also the new necklace made from 8 dried wings is actually worse lp/hour wise than 1 fresh wing, are you sure you didn't loose a 0 somewhere in there?

Good luck finding a q350+ bat wing. New curio is great lp/h.
(used bad q wings)

thesourceofsadness wrote:My point is that dungeon's difficulty level should be variable to be accessiable for everyone

Or you can just wait for the chicken dungeon. I don't doubt that they are going to add early game dungeons.
Also beaver dungeon is not an end game dungeon its mid game at best. A party with pretty bad stats can clear it.
Being a group of noobs pays off more than being a solo noob.

My point is that dungeons shouldn't all be soloable.
azrid

Postby Kirche » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:02 am

loving the animation + sound for slaughtering, more animations and sounds for other things would be nice, minor details like this are very satisfying and can really go a long way in improving player enjoyment in even the most mundane tasks.
Kirche

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:05 am

Kirche wrote:loving the animation + sound for slaughtering, more animations and sounds for other things would be nice, minor details like this are very satisfying and can really go a long way in improving player enjoyment in even the most mundane tasks.

It made me jump! Lol, it's quite savage but it's clean I guess. :)

The meat cleaver is brilliant! Vastly improved butchering time.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby thesourceofsadness » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:24 am

azrid wrote:Being a group of noobs pays off more than being a solo noob.

My point is that dungeons shouldn't all be soloable.

Totally agree. Some parts of MMO shouldn't be soloable. I hated that in EvE.

But infinite spawn looks logically broken to me - just like "special non-lootable" beings.
thesourceofsadness

Postby azrid » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:35 am

I think the spawn is great to counter cheesing. Other solutions would probably be much harder to implement.
azrid

Postby WindRider » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:51 pm

Personally, I'd like dungeons that can be cleared by solo players. Hard to compete as is and now people in groups get more ahead. Beavers spawn too fast to clear solo... Otherwise, I'm good.
WindRider

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:55 pm

I found another one today and no-one was around so I went in alone, I cleared the first room but the 2nd had 3 white ones again and I'm no match for them sadly, but i did manage to get some blue beaver wood at last, so it's all good. :D

Shame in a way for solo players though that you now can't butcher the beavers and get any curios but ofc I understand why it has to be that way.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Sigilius » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:05 pm

Make it so that a solo person can receive a "den" type dungeon as a secret from a rock or tree. Only they can unlock it with the rock/tree's ritual (so that the big boys can't come along and wreck it). Obviously, the spawn and loot will be lesser in all regards (or graded based upon the one that initiated the instance with the rock/tree).

Only one active at any one time for a single person, and it will despawn after a certain amount of time to keep from cluttering the landscape.

Or, have so many spawn in the world at once, and whichever soloer gets to it first by whispering to the rocks/trees, has a go. Once complete, another spawns somewhere else in the world. This will keep with the feel of the game, connection with nature, etc.
Sigilius

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements