Game Development: Kelp in the Wardrobe

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Kelp in the Wardrobe

Postby Cajoes » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:45 am

According to that very diagram you posted, player retention has actually gone UP.
Cajoes

Postby Fostik » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:20 am

Cajoes wrote:According to that very diagram you posted, player retention has actually gone UP.

That happens every world.
Some people that leave in start just come back to try play again.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby MrPunchers » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:58 am

Update maybe?
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby tyrtix » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:29 am

lol, and here we are again, with the same discussion, and with same ppl never learning.
If you pick posts from last world about this topic, you can find the same exact answers in, even made by the same players.
I lol so much: i tried that new server at start: 4 days in, made deed, put my things inside deed AND inside a cave in deed, made a pole fence around... and 4 days in someone already had enough skill to bash the fence, get in and sack everything, well, just the real bit i had made. I didn't even had a chance to make a palli, but then what? again turtling in and waiting for the only reign to get all the land just because it's sooo easy to keep villages/reigns?
The real thing is: put everything you want in this game, but until players with different playstyle is not welcomed, or even totally discouraged to play, you will again see 1200 at start and 200 after 4 months.

It's sad, because it's clear that, among this kind of games, hafen have the best potential for growing... and keeps failing at it.
tyrtix

Postby Lalaxx » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:40 am

tyrtix wrote:lol, and here we are again, with the same discussion, and with same ppl never learning.
If you pick posts from last world about this topic, you can find the same exact answers in, even made by the same players.
I lol so much: i tried that new server at start: 4 days in, made deed, put my things inside deed AND inside a cave in deed, made a pole fence around... and 4 days in someone already had enough skill to bash the fence, get in and sack everything, well, just the real bit i had made. I didn't even had a chance to make a palli, but then what? again turtling in and waiting for the only reign to get all the land just because it's sooo easy to keep villages/reigns?
The real thing is: put everything you want in this game, but until players with different playstyle is not welcomed, or even totally discouraged to play, you will again see 1200 at start and 200 after 4 months.

It's sad, because it's clear that, among this kind of games, hafen have the best potential for growing... and keeps failing at it.

ye. developers need to think how to attract new players to the old world. For example, as a new player, i do not really want to try to progress in a game in which i doomed to failure beforehand.
Lalaxx

Postby Lalaxx » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:21 pm

Actually RingofBrodgar spawn was pretty cool idea, despite that was killing zone. Maybe add in character creation new zone to spawn? Maybe some greenzone town. But leave old teleport to wilderness ofc.
Lalaxx

Postby tyrtix » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:25 pm

Hafen certainly have many things that makes the game good.

Among those i find:
- a large quantity of craftable items, increased by some new contents like the gilding system for clothing, wich definitely expanded players capabilities
- one of the best trading systems in this kind of games, totally free and incredibly simple but flexible
- easy to understand and learn on most basical things, lets new players to understand how to play without taxing them too much with a lot of notions
- large player interactions, in trading, politics and pvp

What i find the game lacks:
- atm, a niche for players that do not like to be involved in sheer playerkilling
- a progression between contents, from start going up to high levels
- a good control about how players interact with game and exploits
- a persistency that lets the players believe that their actions are not in a rush, but will be somewhat persistent

I won't say that the game should bend to the point in wich "any" player will join, but heck, it's clear that among the 200 players you actually have (and in them you should count off alts...and this makes only the thing worse), only those interested in the main factions in game and in pvp remains.
So now, ask again, what is wrong here?
tyrtix

Postby Gensokyo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:08 pm

tyrtix wrote:I won't say that the game should bend to the point in wich "any" player will join, but heck, it's clear that among the 200 players you actually have (and in them you should count off alts...and this makes only the thing worse), only those interested in the main factions in game and in pvp remains.
So now, ask again, what is wrong here?

Pretty sure there's nobody PvPing either, most people are just waiting for more updates/their wheat to get to stage 4 again.
Gensokyo

Postby blank » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:56 pm

Not sure if anyone has realized this yet but the amount of ppl on haven compared to the last worlds HAS gone up. i could remember barley seeing 200 ppl in world 9. im always seeing around 300 now or at least in my time zone when i am on..
blank

Postby ven » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:12 pm

You're not wrong, but the way you phrase something is important.
The player count has indeed increased. "How much?" 20 players.
Venator
ven

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements