Divine Intervention: The Case of Dis vs. Dev Team

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Divine Intervention: The Case of Dis vs. Dev Team

Postby leanne69 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:05 pm

infectedking wrote:
shubla wrote:So does this mean that devs accept botting and automation of tasks to certain level?

yes since they accept the fact that a lot of people in the world are lazy.

Plus some of the client actually on the forum have bot in them, so yeah, they're accepting it.
King of Dis, fiancé of LadyGoo
leanne69

Postby loftar » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:22 pm

shubla wrote:So does this mean that devs accept botting and automation of tasks to certain level?

I'm pretty sure we've been over this a thousand times already. It's even on the Q&A page.

Also, as stated earlier in the thread:
loftar wrote:
leanne69 wrote:If i'm correct, it just mean "we allow botting in general, but not authority botting and we may choose something else we don't like it to be botted in the future".

A more accurate statement would be that we may choose to crack down on botting whenever and wherever we feel like it, but we generally don't go out of our way to find it. Realms are relatively few and easy to monitor, so it was relatively easy to find.

I might also reiterate that I have at times gone around in the world and messed stuff up for bots that I've seen and that I haven't liked. Not particularly often, but the precedent does exist.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Granger » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:05 pm

loftar wrote:I might also reiterate that I have at times gone around in the world and messed stuff up for bots that I've seen and that I haven't liked. Not particularly often, but the precedent does exist.

A sudden influx of 10k HHP damage sounds like a reasonable way to mess stuff up for bots, or rm -R /home/<account> (something similar fittig the the way you store them).
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:45 pm

Can we drop the whole "punishment for bots" thing? I realize it's the topic here, but it's not THE topic. THE topic is automated XP farming. The whole thing with bots has been discussed many times, and this isn't something we're going to change dev opinion on, and they're right.

infectedking wrote:yes since they accept the fact that a lot of people in the world are smart.

ftfy

Why kill yourself with repetitive actions and grind when a good scripting API and a bit of code can do it for you? Why punish smart workers for using the system presented to them? That'd be like telling Warren Buffet what he can and can't do with his money... like telling him he can only invest one dollar at a time.

@Jorb, loftar: seriously, though... I mentioned earlier what'd I'd have done with the XP. Maybe they were just setting up a "noob paradise" with all the buffs, but I'd have pushed some wells way high. I don't know if this was or wasn't investigated, but it's the one thing that I'd call "game breaking" you could do with this XP at the current stage after the kingdoms went live.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby loftar » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:53 pm

MagicManICT wrote:@Jorb, loftar: seriously, though... I mentioned earlier what'd I'd have done with the XP. Maybe they were just setting up a "noob paradise" with all the buffs, but I'd have pushed some wells way high. I don't know if this was or wasn't investigated, but it's the one thing that I'd call "game breaking" you could do with this XP at the current stage after the kingdoms went live.

I haven't investigated, but it's not like they were making XP in the trillions or anything. I'm not that worried.
loftar

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:59 pm

Well, you guys know the numbers, and with the exponential XP requirements for the spell, you'd have an idea of how far they could have pushed it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Bowshot125 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:18 pm

Fking destroy them Loftar, leave no DIS stone standing, personally go in their silk houses and throw all the leafs on the floor.
Bowshot125

Postby Pickard » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:53 am

Bowshot125 wrote:Fking destroy them Loftar, leave no DIS stone standing, personally go in their silk houses and throw all the leafs on the floor.

Do it youself
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby loftar » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:53 am

People asking for nukes to fall might find them falling upon themselves.
loftar

Postby spawningmink » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:25 am

loftar wrote:People asking for nukes to fall might find them falling upon themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcQ-XuVX9M

pls dont nuke us we r good people pls peas f00l russians
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements