Game Development: Credobility

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Credobility

Postby Granger » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:06 pm

Hunters Credo should be renamed: Hunting with some mining and siege at the end.

Played through the hunters quest, quest 9 was 'defeat bat' - now I have mine 3 map tiles through nothingness to reach the underground questgiver to deliver some raw meat and break into a settlement first as they claimed the only cave entrance nearby -or- mine ~8 map tiles toward the questgiver from the next cave nearby -or- build a minehole.

Really, great fun </sarcasm>- should I play this with a new character (that is unable to mine) and not already been brainwashed by the H&H skinner box I would most likely just rage quit at this point.

Make at least sure that questgivers are reachable (this also counts for walls), for underground ones this would mean that the cave they're in has an entrance.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby shubla » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:57 pm

Art for credo profession thingies looks neat.
They seem like a good idea in general. I hope some new ones for most common stuff like mining and farming soon as well.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby boreial » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:12 am

jordancoles wrote:Can you shoot animals while on horseback yet? I'm not a lil bitch so idk...

Yes, since I am too lazy to walk I was doing my "put arrows into" beaver and swan from horseback.
and since I am such a pro archer, (cough, cough) I didn't hit my lil' horsey even once.
boreial

Postby Thedrah » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:24 am

enjoying credos so far ^^

but as you add to them, could there be a cap to them? and maybe some sort of drain? would be interesting to have them tie into an lp/exp drain over time or require something akin to realms and idols/menhirs but on private claims

here's to hoping for a chef, miner, and husbandry credos
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby fallout » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:50 am

Marksman buff should be +60
fallout

Postby Tammer » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:52 am

Tammer wrote:The Hunter's Trail quest "Put an arrow in a swan" doesn't seem to be working correctly, or else I'm missing something. I just killed 4 swans with archery (bone arrows) and it didn't fulfill the quest.

Update: I made a special low quality bow and arrow set so that I didn't kill the swan with one hit. Didn't work. I've tried on water and on land, aggro'd and not aggro'd, stone arrows and bone arrows.
Last edited by Tammer on Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tammer

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:58 am

Why the fuck would anyone use anything other than fisherman and how are the +10 etc. buffs relevant in the endgame and after finishing the quests on all your chars there's literally nothing to do with the system. Meh tbh

Personal beliefs all over again but with quests instead of waiting

Also seems like very early game centered mechanic, i suggest you add a shitload of things that could spark endgame enjoyment instead, early is fine already
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby boreial » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:56 am

@ Tammer, Thanks for saving me the trouble that was my plan for tonight, seems like I need a new plan.
boreial

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:49 am

this shit is fukn broken ive killed 10 now i spent like 20 hours to get to this point and this shit!!!! smhing tbhing
ChildhoodObesity

Postby jordancoles » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:59 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:Image
this shit is fukn broken ive killed 10 now i spent like 20 hours to get to this point and this shit!!!! smhing tbhing

Inb4 the only way is to run them over with a horse but that was patched out of the game
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements