Game Development: Pelican Pool

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Pelican Pool

Postby ogey » Mon May 03, 2021 11:56 am

Pretty cool. Next time I'll actually use a character with decent PER*EXP.
Attachments
flotsam.png
flotsam.png (32.46 KiB) Viewed 620 times
ogey

Postby Zentetsuken » Mon May 03, 2021 12:15 pm

Kaios wrote:Why is it not surprising to me that a change won't have the effect that was intended for it? Oh gee, I don't know.

But in the case of global/local pools if I am understanding this correctly, all you've essentially done is break the global pool up in to smaller local pools.The mechanic itself is the same and the people who were draining the global pool are going to be the same ones draining their local pools, nothing in that regard appears to be different. Only that the bots on one side of the map won't impact the bots on the other.

"I'm mad and I'm pretty sure this is the reason why"

:lol:

It's been like 12 hours, and you've spent an easy 4 of those hours complaining on the forums.
You don't know how the change works and neither does anybody else.
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Zentetsuken

Postby Zentetsuken » Mon May 03, 2021 12:18 pm

Also, totally unrelated question

Is there any interesting use for pelican pouch outside of what it can contain when you butcher?

If it has no further use can we get it as a gilding, a curio or some weird food implementation?
Zentetsuken

Postby Kaios » Mon May 03, 2021 12:20 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:Also, totally unrelated question

Is there any interesting use for pelican pouch outside of what it can contain when you butcher?

If it has no further use can we get it as a gilding, a curio or some weird food implementation?

Figure it out, it's only been 12 hours.
Kaios

Postby fuffens1 » Mon May 03, 2021 12:56 pm

Kaios wrote:

Figure it out, it's only been 12 hours.

mad asf lol, nice patch ty! Decrease shooting time on rangers bow please! It cant compete with hunters bow atm.
Animal behavior could certainly improve. Beatings will continue until it does. - jorb, January 2018.
fuffens1

Postby VDZ » Mon May 03, 2021 2:10 pm

shubla wrote:Maybe I'm just unlucky but stopped finding any glimmers.
If I had to guess, devs made pools somewhat local but the regen rate is retarded-low.
Do devs realize that there may be several large-ish villages in small area that all have 5 guys foraging glimmers?

I hope you did not balance regen to be good for jorb soloing in his hermitage in middle of nothing!

If you want people to collect glimmers without botting, increase spawns.

If there are less than 1-2 glimmers per maptile on average, its not enough to see the effort to go into cave to collect them manually.

Rare curios are not supposed to be common.

Kaios wrote:
lordgrunt wrote:are you sure these pools work as intended? first person from our village sweeped the caves for 10 glimmers, following (in timely fashion) 4 people got zero.

Seems like they work exactly like global pools, except in a local context rather than global. Unsurprisingly, I don't think this is going to have much of a noticeable change for the majority of players.

Assuming the local pool areas are small enough and the system workds as intended, this should only be a problem for areas which are being foraged a lot. Previously, it used to be that even if you're the only one who can access a cave system with glimmer spawns, the glimmers would be magically drained by bots on the other side of the map. That should now be solved (assuming the system works well), and if you want better foraging yields you should just forage in less crowded places.
VDZ

Postby Neon14 » Mon May 03, 2021 2:58 pm

The quality of the fish found in the pelican seems to match the quality of the pelican. I thought that was interesting. Some fish at 60q+ can be pretty good feps.
BigStronk
Neon14

Postby Uriel » Mon May 03, 2021 3:22 pm

In this world I found 2 glimmermose... today in 1 cavern I found 7. Is this is working as intended?
Uriel

Postby Flameturtle » Mon May 03, 2021 3:25 pm

Uriel wrote:In this world I found 2 glimmermose... today in 1 cavern I found 7. Is this is working as intended?

Yeah the pools are local and full as of the patch. So if you're the best forager in your area, or its relatively sparsely populated you're likely to see a lot more of them.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby Zentetsuken » Mon May 03, 2021 4:15 pm

Neon14 wrote:

The quality of the fish found in the pelican seems to match the quality of the pelican. I thought that was interesting. Some fish at 60q+ can be pretty good feps.

Yup, I absolutely love the whole implementation of pelican and this fun little surprise was the icing on the cake.

However, once you retrieve your goodies (if there is any), the pouch has no use? Or maybe I just haven't found it yet.

Hoping that they will add something for it in the future.
Zentetsuken

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements