Legacy Haven

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Legacy Haven

Postby loftar » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:02 pm

linkfanpc wrote:Can you or anyone explain exactly where to add this to the URL if this is still available and useable? Because i'm very interested in it.

I will be removing it sooner or later. The Legacy website is getting outdated and I'm not sure if all appropriate security hardenings have been properly backported to it, so I don't really want it left. However, I think all the useful information you can get from it is available from the main site, with some hidden tricks. If you go to your profile page on the current site and add &legacy=y (so, as an example, https://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/profile/loftar?legacy=y), you'll get a list of live and dead legacy characters, with links to pages that I believe has the same information as the legacy website, sans the avatar.

Tell me if there's something you feel is lacking from it and I'll consider adding it.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby jordancoles » Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:22 am

loftar wrote:
linkfanpc wrote:Can you or anyone explain exactly where to add this to the URL if this is still available and useable? Because i'm very interested in it.

I will be removing it sooner or later. The Legacy website is getting outdated and I'm not sure if all appropriate security hardenings have been properly backported to it, so I don't really want it left. However, I think all the useful information you can get from it is available from the main site, with some hidden tricks. If you go to your profile page on the current site and add &legacy=y (so, as an example, https://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/profile/loftar?legacy=y), you'll get a list of live and dead legacy characters, with links to pages that I believe has the same information as the legacy website, sans the avatar.

Tell me if there's something you feel is lacking from it and I'll consider adding it.

Just pls keep the game itself going thank you
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby zefearus777 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:40 am

Are custom clients like Ender's still working or do they need to be fixed? Ender's client isn't working for me. While walking around using default client I almost ran into a bear on a fresh alt :lol: then a warthog caught me unexpected :lol: Luckily I lived!
zefearus777

Postby vatas » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:51 am

zefearus777 wrote:Are custom clients like Ender's still working or do they need to be fixed? Ender's client isn't working for me. While walking around using default client I almost ran into a bear on a fresh alt :lol: then a warthog caught me unexpected :lol: Luckily I lived!

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=40052&hilit=union&start=710#p878503
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby zefearus777 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:36 pm

vatas wrote:
zefearus777 wrote:Are custom clients like Ender's still working or do they need to be fixed? Ender's client isn't working for me. While walking around using default client I almost ran into a bear on a fresh alt :lol: then a warthog caught me unexpected :lol: Luckily I lived!

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=40052&hilit=union&start=710#p878503

Thanks a lot :o
I figured out most of the keyboard shortcuts, but I can't figure out how to get the build menu up? Ctrl+B= Gives me kin list, lol.
Where is the build menu? :lol:

I've looked around the forum some and can't find any topics about it. Only a keyboard shortcut post.

Never mind, I had to change my screen resolution to 1920x1080 to see it. At lower screen resolutions it's out of view. I got in the habit of changing my screen resolution for default to play correctly.
Last edited by zefearus777 on Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
zefearus777

Postby zefearus777 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:37 pm

Sorry for the double post :oops:
zefearus777

Postby loftar » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:23 pm

loftar wrote:EDIT: I've reverted the certificate for now, so that you can log in while any issues are being resolved, but I can't leave it around for however long, so please ensure to resolve said issues.

Updating on this, I've now made it so that the Legacy server will for now use the new certificate and the old certificate in turns, one hour each. If you're using a client that isn't updated with the new certificate, that might server as a reminder of that for now, but you'll be able to log in every other hour. I really do need to replace the certificate permanently at some point in the not too distant future, however, because of the issues mentioned earlier.
loftar

Postby Vigilance » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:31 am

loftar wrote:If you're using a client that isn't updated with the new certificate, that might server as a reminder of that for now, but you'll be able to log in every other hour. I really do need to replace the certificate permanently at some point in the not too distant future, however, because of the issues mentioned earlier.

you asshole i was wondering why i was randomly getting pranked when i'd try to login

i won't forgive you for this, freddie. how am i going to fix my legacy client? there is not a soul working on these.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby loftar » Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:10 am

Vigilance wrote:i won't forgive you for this, freddie. how am i going to fix my legacy client? there is not a soul working on these.

I can't tell you how to solve that, I can only quote what I said previously:
loftar wrote:I was hoping to be able to leave Legacy entirely alone, so that existing clients could continue to work indefinitely without updates, but as it turns out, the old certificate was getting so old that modern versions of OpenSSL refuse to use it, which has been holding me back from updating the OS on that server. All clients unfortunately need to be updated to support the new certificate.

I have noticed people connecting during the times of the new certificate, though, so it would seem there might be at least one soul working on them.

That being said, you can copy the certificate from non-legacy Haven and put it in the Jar file for the Legacy client (Jar files are just Zip files). That will only support the new certificate instead, though, whereas the fixed client supports both simultaneously.
loftar

Postby Vigilance » Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:19 am

loftar wrote:I have noticed people connecting during the times of the new certificate, though, so it would seem there might be at least one soul working on them.

in this vast, wide, open graveyard how am i going to find this soul

loftar wrote:That being said, you can copy the certificate from non-legacy Haven and put it in the Jar file for the Legacy client (Jar files are just Zip files).

so in a hypothetical world where you nuke the old cert i can just do this and not curse your name.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements