Legacy Haven

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Legacy Haven

Postby KingMav » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:32 pm

EnchantedHunter wrote:I completely agree with you that the new game is better, but for 10 years I played that isometric one, I really like it in terms of style and gameplay. Now I'm trying to use the standard client that can be downloaded from the link and I get errors:
Code: Select all
http://legacy.havenandhearth.com/java/haven-launcher.jar
The developers may not support the creation of such a server, but I do not see any losses from the fact that someone will play their old game.

Not sure if this will help or not, but here is the exact code from my run.bat folder(again I'm not on Mac):
start javaw -Xss1024k -Xms512m -Xmx1024M -jar ./hafen.jar -U https://game.havenandhearth.com/hres/ game.havenandhearth.com

Maybe worth changing to "https://"?
It's easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
KingMav

Postby KingMav » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:34 pm

It's coming some day, I swear on my left testicle...

I had no clue this was a thing, but I can now say I am onboard the hype train. Good luck Oddity!
It's easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
KingMav

Postby EnchantedHunter » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:22 pm

Oddity, if this is not a joke or trolling are you going to make a server soon? Are you writing a client too or are you using an legacy version? Will it be an open source server? If this is what I was thinking, then you need to involve the public. I think a few java professionals can easily help you in this difficult matter.
EnchantedHunter

Postby Mashadar » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:37 pm

EnchantedHunter wrote:Oddity, if this is not a joke or trolling are you going to make a server soon?

I mean, he already had a working prototype many years ago, so it's definitely real... it's more of a question when it will be fully playable.

If this makes progress, I could provide a new client as well. I had started work on a high-performance C++ client but then I got distracted by the arrival of W6, I think... Still, part of the work is already done, so I can just continue where I left off or publish the code for others to continue the work.

A revival of legacy Haven would be great. I don't know, maybe it's just that I prefer pixel art games to 3D.

Also, I tried the Anemone legacy client on a Macbook and it works for me when using the following command line:
java -jar --add-opens java.base/jdk.internal.loader=ALL-UNNAMED maid.jar legacy.havenandhearth.com -r ./res

https://github.com/romovs/anemone
Mashadar

Postby Oddity » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:52 pm

Lalaxx wrote:
Oddity wrote:It's coming some day, I swear on my left testicle...

you don't have them don't you

I am a man of my wor,d and I will allow you to kick me in the balls
I'm not going to give any more deadlines since I don't want more disappointments :| I'll just release it when it's ready
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby Daji » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:19 pm

Sorry I forget to bring my combat boots :)
Daji

Postby vatas » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:10 pm

Wonder which one is going to release first, OddiHaven or Winds of Winter?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Hain » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:37 am

@Jorb / Loftar:
Could you please check on Legacy?

Since start of new Hafen's world 13 - Legacie's clients show the following issue = connection refused: connect

Thanks for your work!
Keep your inner child!
Hain

Postby abt79 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:11 pm

After connection issues around the w13 reset, the default client works as well as it ever did but it seems most custom clients have the "connection refused:connect" error.
Help would be appreciated if someone else has been able to connect via customs
abt79

Postby At0m » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:35 pm

W10 - Hermit
W11 - Lawspeaker of Goat Village
W12 - Lawspeaker of Pipiduwa Wielka
W13 - Lawspeaker of Nothing
W14 - ???
At0m

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements