Game Development: Leeching Dry

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Leeching Dry

Postby endiron » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:27 pm

jorb wrote:
endiron wrote:I don't disagree that eventually someone would have bashed my palisade but it's frustrating that it happened pre-emptively in a somewhat hidden bullet point of an update and that I didn't have any idea that the change was coming until I found out one login that I can't build.

I guess I'm the only one with this problem evidently, so gg yall.

Yeah, I realize that, and I am terribly sorry. We should have considered this particular one even before release.

It's really alright - just a bit frustrating when you're already pretty settled in. But apology accepted --

Jorb & Loftar, you've made an excellent game. It's been a source of a game experience unlike any other for me. When you risk losing everything to other players, or wild animals which do not take your crap, it adds a depth unlike any other. And what other game has scary Cyrillic runestones popping up outside of your door? It's been really interesting over the years to see how your project has inspired and guided other games. It's really neat how many updates you're pushing through, and the quality of them as well.

Really, outstanding job.

So, for now until world 9, I'll be watching on the sidelines. Good luck to the rest of you out there ;^)
Last edited by endiron on Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
endiron

Location: Sipping from a coconut with a little umbrella while the hole in my palisade is breached

Postby endiron » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:32 pm

Whoops, please delete, thought I had hit edit on my previous post instead of quote
endiron

Location: Sipping from a coconut with a little umbrella while the hole in my palisade is breached

Postby hellenisma » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:08 pm

I have seen some people who have problems registering and my friend is also awaiting invitation to his email for three days now.
Is there a problem with registering new accounts or is it just delayed because of something else ?
hellenisma

Postby Fharlanghn » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:38 pm

Arrow-key camera controls definitely made it easier to play for me, too. While I should probably stop being a terrible person and just get a USB mouse like the rest of the world, there's something satisfying about not having to.

As a point of interest unrelated to the update, who did the music for this? I've been trying to keep an eye out for the soundtrack on YouTube, as was done with the Legacy version's default soundtrack, but it hasn't happened yet. As such, I'm thinking of putting the MIDI files through Audacity so they can be made into minutes-long travel ambiance segments, with the odd footsteps and animal noises and wind whooshing that the game has going for it. I recall that Kaka was either responsible for Legacy's version or helped with it, but I don't know if he's even still around anymore.

It'd help if I could just slap the right credits in, is what I'm getting at here.
Fharlanghn

Postby dvsmasta » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:20 pm

Knicks and Knacks healing 4X faster is amazing! Thank the H&H Gods for this change. Also, for fixing the tar kiln that never ended. 8-)
dvsmasta

Postby SovietUnion » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:11 pm

jorb wrote:
endiron wrote:I don't disagree that eventually someone would have bashed my palisade but it's frustrating that it happened pre-emptively in a somewhat hidden bullet point of an update and that I didn't have any idea that the change was coming until I found out one login that I can't build.

I guess I'm the only one with this problem evidently, so gg yall.

Yeah, I realize that, and I am terribly sorry. We should have considered this particular one even before release.

How about give us the ability to raise the ground in shallow water eventually becoming land after throwing tonnes of soil at it?

This would fix both problems and also punish the unbelievers
Notable characters: Cpt. Danko, Kng. Danko

LS of MorningWood (as of W7)
North Star market owner (W11)
King of North Star Kingdom & Market (W12)
LS of MorningWood (W13), quit early cause reasons
Open village of North Star (W14)

"Not really. But meh.. who needs proper communication anyways"
SovietUnion

Postby endiron » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:44 pm

How about give us the ability to raise the ground in shallow water eventually becoming land after throwing tonnes of soil at it?

This would fix both problems and also punish the unbelievers

This might be nice, or alternatively, make rams movable through shallows and only implement the boundary for being within 3 tiles of deep water.
endiron

Postby Henry_Ford » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:41 pm

You dick :|

"There is nothing that the international Jorbtar fears so much as the truth, or any hint of the truth about himself or his plans" - Henry Ford, The international Jorbtar, Vol. 1, page 200.
Henry_Ford

Postby endiron » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:45 pm

Henry_Ford wrote:You dick :|

Wait what lol

Why are roundpole fences included in this restriction?

They take a strong gust of wind to knock down
endiron

Postby Henry_Ford » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:47 pm

Indeed it was more for short term protection till vandalism becomes more prominent, whats pissed me off the most is the fact my house is now inaccessible if I finish the fence lol.
"There is nothing that the international Jorbtar fears so much as the truth, or any hint of the truth about himself or his plans" - Henry Ford, The international Jorbtar, Vol. 1, page 200.
Henry_Ford

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements