Game Development: Leniency Central

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Leniency Central

Postby Turtlesir » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:43 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Should now display name overlays on known Hearth Fires, as suggested here.

there's some kinda bug by which the names become invisible after zooming in/out a few times.

edit: nvm, it's on the amber client only.
Turtlesir

Postby Silushun » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:10 pm

Maybe I can finally tame an Animal. I've had 5 Aurochs and a Mouflon disappear possibly due to Aggroing.. but it always seemed after the 1st tier of Tamement.
Silushun

Postby Chiprel2 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:45 pm

Great update :D

jorb wrote:
  • Seed piles of varying qualities no longer mix automatically when harvesting.

Could we get the same behaviour for beetroot, carrot (and maybe but not necessarily pumpkin) stockpiles?
The shift+rmb on stockpile puts all mixed qualities into a stockpile. So if we want to only replant the best ones we need to manually sort it.
Chiprel2

Postby spectacle » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:48 pm

Chiprel2 wrote:Great update :D

jorb wrote:

Could we get the same behaviour for beetroot, carrot (and maybe but not necessarily pumpkin) stockpiles?
The shift+rmb on stockpile puts all mixed qualities into a stockpile. So if we want to only replant the best ones we need to manually sort it.

Please no. I don't want to have to click multiple times to stockpile my produce. If you want to sort by quality, use a container.
Once a man has changed the relationship between himself and his environment, he cannot return to the blissful ignorance he left. Motion, of necessity, involves a change in perspective.
-Commissioner Pravin Lal, "A Social History of Planet"
spectacle

Postby Chiprel2 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:57 pm

spectacle wrote:
Chiprel2 wrote:Great update :D

jorb wrote:

Please no. I don't want to have to click multiple times to stockpile my produce. If you want to sort by quality, use a container.

That doesn't change the fact that I would have to manually check quality of every item in container and click on each one of them manually. (or am I missing some custom client key combo here? :P)

The current default behaviour of shift+rmb can stay. They could add something like shift+alt/shift+ctrl+rmb on stockpile for same qualities to go in it only.
Chiprel2

Postby Asgaroth22 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Chiprel2 wrote:Could we get the same behaviour for beetroot, carrot (and maybe but not necessarily pumpkin) stockpiles?

That doesn't change the fact that I would have to manually check quality of every item in container and click on each one of them manually. (or am I missing some custom client key combo here? :P)

The current default behaviour of shift+rmb can stay. They could add something like shift+alt/shift+ctrl+rmb on stockpile for same qualities to go in it only.

Farming is already ez. Just take this (minimal) effort and sort them manually. Anyway, on ender's you can display all three qualities instead of one, so you don't need to hover over every carrot/beet.

Anyway, great update, keep 'em comin'.
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby shubla » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:18 pm

jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.

[*] Made the deep water minimap texture a deeper blue as per this suggestion.

Enjoy!

Well.. Thanks.. Now my map, product of maybe 100 hour of boating around is ruined becausei cnt update water tiles anymore.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby jorb » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:19 pm

shubla wrote:

Enjoy!

Well.. Thanks.. Now my map, product of maybe 100 hour of boating around is ruined becausei cnt update water tiles anymore.

Why not? I'm not sure why this should change your ability to upload maps. Not that I know how you're saving them or whatever.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby lachlaan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:23 pm

jorb wrote:
shubla wrote:

Enjoy!

Why not? I'm not sure why this should change your ability to upload maps. Not that I know how you're saving them or whatever.

He'd need to update all of his deep water tiles to look like deep water tiles, I guess. Not necessarily as big of an issue as it's being made out to be. As a mapper I remember where most passings through deep water are anyway.
lachlaan

Postby Hampa » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:49 pm

Awesome update!
Hampa

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements