Game Development: Cuck-Hombre

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Cuck-Hombre

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:02 am

Archiplex wrote:
Robben_DuMarsch wrote:What I dislike:
OP Symbel, eat food all day every day. Hunger % can't scale.
Animals and most content is largely trivialized.

Tell me about it

The fact that people can eat at 300% forever now without feeling bad about wasting potential feps since no bonus makes it hell

Because now I've gotta cook tenfold what I used to

On the bright side, stats for days?

Also, hunger does scale. I believe hunger bonusses only stack multiplicatively. Though I've got a table that's at 3% total hunger mod, you can eat nearly 100 items before you gain 1%

^
I think this is worth a bug report, as it should be addressed before we inevitably move to world 9.
It's probably already fucked up W8 a great deal, lol.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Archiplex » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:14 am

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:
Archiplex wrote:
Robben_DuMarsch wrote:What I dislike:
OP Symbel, eat food all day every day. Hunger % can't scale.
Animals and most content is largely trivialized.

Tell me about it

The fact that people can eat at 300% forever now without feeling bad about wasting potential feps since no bonus makes it hell

Because now I've gotta cook tenfold what I used to

On the bright side, stats for days?

Also, hunger does scale. I believe hunger bonusses only stack multiplicatively. Though I've got a table that's at 3% total hunger mod, you can eat nearly 100 items before you gain 1%

^
I think this is worth a bug report, as it should be addressed before we inevitably move to world 9.

Yeah it very much has- though a lot of the reason you can eat so much is since you can ALSO reduce hunger fill with the quality of food, as well as quality of symbel items.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Pickard » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:39 am

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:I think this is worth a bug report, as it should be addressed before we inevitably move to world 9.

Its 100% bug report for a big fighting village with 95% palisaded plots, lol.
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby LadyV » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:06 am

Cucumbers need trelis? Jorb have you ever farmed? They don't need it. It can help but its not needed. lol
LadyV

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:03 am

Some vegetables may or may not need trellises. It depends on variety.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Tonkyhonk » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:27 am

LadyV wrote:Cucumbers need trelis? Jorb have you ever farmed? They don't need it. It can help but its not needed. lol

MagicManICT wrote:Some vegetables may or may not need trellises. It depends on variety.

not sure how those american fat cucumbers grow, but the cucumbers i know always need certain support/post (be it trellis or string thing) for them to train around after they grow tall enough.
Tonkyhonk

Postby marvi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:40 am

Tonkyhonk wrote:not sure how those american fat cucumbers grow, but the cucumbers i know always need certain support/post (be it trellis or string thing) for them to train around after they grow tall enough.

That's not just american cucumbers though. Here, in Russia, people in countryside rarely use trellis to grow them. Well, at least in my region.
marvi

Postby FerrousToast » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:53 am

marvi wrote:
Tonkyhonk wrote:not sure how those american fat cucumbers grow, but the cucumbers i know always need certain support/post (be it trellis or string thing) for them to train around after they grow tall enough.

That's not just american cucumbers though. Here, in Russia, people in countryside rarely use trellis to grow them. Well, at least in my region.

from canada in pickle country, can confirm our cucumbers do not call for trellises.
FerrousToast

Postby Avu » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:14 am

The only justification for cucumbers to need trellis is if you want pickling to be a new endgame crafting system similar to cheese. Otherwise trellis are cancer trellis are death.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Tonkyhonk » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:34 am

marvi wrote:That's not just american cucumbers though. Here, in Russia, people in countryside rarely use trellis to grow them. Well, at least in my region.

FerrousToast wrote:from canada in pickle country, can confirm our cucumbers do not call for trellises.

i meant to confirm what i said and asked a neighbor farmer about it, then she told me that traditionally we used to grow cucumbers without trellis, ha ha. sorry.
according to her, growing cucumbers without trellis is too costly, lots of care, takes big land, less fruits, and catches bugs and diseases so easily. besides its season dependent and they are always so soft that they can go bad so quickly and easily, so its almost going to extinct here except for certain special farmers who grow those on purpose.

so, maybe, more harvests with trellis but less without it?
Tonkyhonk

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements