Game Development: Dubloons

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Dubloons

Postby jordancoles » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:25 pm

shubla wrote:People like you only like updates that give more ways to kill and raid people. Fuck off

Why so salty? I'm just saying that even if my villagers were using this, if someone offers me some coins instead of edels or abacus I'm just going to laugh at them
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Archiplex » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:58 am

jordancoles wrote:
shubla wrote:People like you only like updates that give more ways to kill and raid people. Fuck off

Why so salty? I'm just saying that even if my villagers were using this, if someone offers me some coins instead of edels or abacus I'm just going to laugh at them

Well the idea is that it manages trade while the person isn't around

If I found a few edelweiss and made a ton of abacci, and want to trade them out, I might just set up a barter stand selling them for the coins, and then next to it I could have some stuff that I want (like, feathers for trinkets or bark bread for boats)

And if you wanted that edel, then you could just trade one barter a bunch of feathers for coins and then buy that edel/the abacci

If you're person to person, sure not too useful- but it helps a lot for big villages and especially those in different timezones + you can set up a "market" area for any visitors to the place to buy and sell things quickly, and perhaps keep the money for the next time they are around.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Granger » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:04 am

Can we finally have a belt with slots for waterflask/-skin (with drink hotkeys), keyring, purse (like Seedbag, but only coins and a little bigger) and two travelers sacks?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Jackard » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:24 pm

just make the inventory bigger
Jackard

Postby LadyGoo » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:27 pm

Actually, after thinking about it for a couple of days, I think I like the update with the coins. At least it gives advanced villages another goal (setting up local economics and etc.).
The next priority should be the siege or a surveillance system. Would be nice to see something increasing the value of middle-small sized villages as well. Right now if they will raid/do anything at a bigger scale (community projects), they will get massacred.
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby Tamalak » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:49 pm

This has probably been suggested before but I really think coins should not take up any inventory space - up to a certain limit anyway.
Tamalak

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:43 pm

Tamalak wrote:This has probably been suggested before but I really think coins should not take up any inventory space - up to a certain limit anyway.

not only should they take up inventory, they should weigh something significant for a whole stack of 100.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Raffeh » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:09 pm

I fail to see how this will work!

I would like to see it in place though, but think about it technically your trading 'metal' for everything as all that coins would be good for at the end would be smelting them back into bars?

so for a village who has all the metals this would become pointless?

Good luck to anyone who tried to set up the economy but personally the most I will do with this update is a super cave full of gold coins protected by a troll then make a video slaying it >;D (when they are implemented)
TRAITORS WILL BE SHOT.
Raffeh

Postby Thedrah » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:30 pm

do the coins retain value? if i resmelt coins will they be possibly high quality metal or 10q?

btw we have keyrings, i saw them craftable with one nugget of iron.
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby _Gunnar » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:59 am

Raffeh wrote:I fail to see how this will work!

I would like to see it in place though, but think about it technically your trading 'metal' for everything as all that coins would be good for at the end would be smelting them back into bars?

so for a village who has all the metals this would become pointless?

One barterstand at the trading hub sells named coins for sub tokens/gold/whatever else you might want...
Another barterstand at the trading hub sells products of hq industry (weapons/armour/tools) for the same named coins.

Now the trader doesn't have to be online for the trade, just has to ramcheck and refill containers that sell out every now and then.

So no, it won't be obsolete once you have all the metals... I'm not sure how user-friendly it is though, since I haven't bothered with trading really, and I havent even tested the stands tbh.
_Gunnar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements