Game Development: Dubloons

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Dubloons

Postby hitzu » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:07 am

_Gunnar wrote:One barterstand at the trading hub sells named coins for sub tokens/gold/whatever else you might want...
Another barterstand at the trading hub sells products of hq industry (weapons/armour/tools) for the same named coins.

Now the trader doesn't have to be online for the trade, just has to ramcheck and refill containers that sell out every now and then.

So no, it won't be obsolete once you have all the metals... I'm not sure how user-friendly it is though, since I haven't bothered with trading really, and I havent even tested the stands tbh.
it doesn't work that way yet. The stand cannot give many items In exchange for one.
hitzu

Postby subie » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:57 am

hitzu wrote:it doesn't work that way yet. The stand cannot give many items In exchange for one.

That's exactly what the coins are for... so you can say, buy glimmers for 1 coin and sell steel bars for 10, effectively trading 10 glimmers per one steel
subie

Postby hazzor » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:58 am

subie wrote:
hitzu wrote:it doesn't work that way yet. The stand cannot give many items In exchange for one.

That's exactly what the coins are for... so you can say, buy glimmers for 1 coin and sell steel bars for 10, effectively trading 10 glimmers per one steel

so coins are for providing an unnecessary stage in the middle of normal trading?
Oh boy, here I go cheesemaking again...
hazzor

Postby Amanda44 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:48 pm

hazzor wrote:
subie wrote:

so coins are for providing an unnecessary stage in the middle of normal trading?

:lol: :)

I have always wanted the coins to be used for trading but I have thought this whole time that certain aspects about the way they have been implemented make them pretty pointless, however, if a big town were to set up like a market place with lots of stands selling different goods, players milling around checking out the wares on sale, little houses with tables and seating set up outside selling food and wine, then I would be tempted to visit and actually trade. :D

The problem then ofc is getting in and out of the town safely ..... so, not going to happen, lol.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby shubla » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:55 pm

Now just give us teleports to villages so we can start using coins for trades.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Granger » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:44 pm

shubla wrote:Now just give us teleports to villages so we can start using coins for trades.

Exists, called Milestones.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Amanda44 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:59 pm

Granger wrote:
shubla wrote:Now just give us teleports to villages so we can start using coins for trades.

Exists, called Milestones.

Which can be camped and blocked by ppl waiting to kill you and take your goods. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Raffeh » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:06 pm

_Gunnar wrote:
Raffeh wrote:I fail to see how this will work!

I would like to see it in place though, but think about it technically your trading 'metal' for everything as all that coins would be good for at the end would be smelting them back into bars?

so for a village who has all the metals this would become pointless?

One barterstand at the trading hub sells named coins for sub tokens/gold/whatever else you might want...
Another barterstand at the trading hub sells products of hq industry (weapons/armour/tools) for the same named coins.

Now the trader doesn't have to be online for the trade, just has to ramcheck and refill containers that sell out every now and then.

So no, it won't be obsolete once you have all the metals... I'm not sure how user-friendly it is though, since I haven't bothered with trading really, and I havent even tested the stands tbh.

All that you have stated here is that Mr. Trader will be selling all his goods for named coins. What does Mr. Trader do with those coin after he has got them? and if you say buys from another trader that defeats the object because somewhere down the line those coins will stop being traded? then what do you use them for? smelting back to metal?

thanks for your explanation and i understand how people want it to work. But if i was selling my product i would not want coins/metal for my goods because i wouldnt be able to use it for anything? and if i wanted coins id just smelt my own bars?
TRAITORS WILL BE SHOT.
Raffeh

Postby Potjeh » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:17 pm

Named coins are a physical representation of the points we saw in all the Apples for Oranges threads in previous worlds. What could you do with those abstract points back then when they weren't even an actual item?
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby simimi » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:27 pm

You need coins when you need something that :
- is in constant demand
- dont decay
- can be transport in small and big quantity
There are very few things like that IRL ( gold, etc ...) but enough of it in game ( pearl, steel, gold, cheese, .... ).
simimi

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements