Game Development: Convenient Salve

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Convenient Salve

Postby Ozzy125 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:05 am

Would be nice to get a world reset after fixing optimalization, combat and stuff cuz that would be a milestone for the game, but I guess that it won't happen that quick. Well, it's not like combat is gonna get fixed this year too xD
Ozzy125

Postby Nek » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:48 am

Ozzy begging for a world reset because he's well and truly irrelevant this world.
You can't make this shit up.
jorb wrote:I bow before your infinite wisdom, Nek. The words and thoughts of mere men are like leaves in the wind before a true philosopher such as yourself. Verily, my retardery is apparent to me now.

banok wrote:GG nek, your thread was successful at baiting people on to us
Nek

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:35 am

Short of a technical issue, has anyone, or rather enough players, really hit the caps and shown what pros and cons of them are yet? If not, might be worth grinding through the other problems until we can see some data on if it's worth keeping stat caps.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Ufer » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:22 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Short of a technical issue, has anyone, or rather enough players, really hit the caps and shown what pros and cons of them are yet? If not, might be worth grinding through the other problems until we can see some data on if it's worth keeping stat caps.

some pros are
* you dont have to stop playing after a few deaths since you will still be able to catch up to other players
* no titans
Ufer

Postby linkfanpc » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:10 pm

jorb wrote:
CSPAN wrote:update today or tomorrow? hello?

Tomorrow, hopefully.

I ain't seein' no update jerb!
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby Comodo » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:19 pm

Ufer wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:Short of a technical issue, has anyone, or rather enough players, really hit the caps and shown what pros and cons of them are yet? If not, might be worth grinding through the other problems until we can see some data on if it's worth keeping stat caps.

some pros are
* no titans

we can argue if no "titans" is a good or bad thing, since a lot of people enjoyed the endless grind offered by no stat cap, but I guess it is necessary to encourage more casual play, which will probably cause more players to choose to rebuild instead of quitting the game after dieing.
Comodo

Postby Kaios » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:39 pm

Biggest downside imo:

Food is useless to a character who has reached the cap in all of or their most important attributes.
Kaios

Postby ven » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:47 pm

It's why aging should be implemented.
Venator
ven

Postby Karede » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:49 pm

Robben please go
Karede

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:53 pm

Also should have said "or if there is a need to raise the caps higher than 300." That's probably more important than if caps are even useful.

I'll also note curios will be come less than useful if you've already hit the cap, though a person could keep building their LP for if/when they die. If I understand the mechanic correctly, you get a portion of your unspent LP pool back, so it'd go a long way to at least replacing lost skills, though it's not really as efficient as just grinding up a second character. Not to mention having LP to spend on claims and for contributing to village authority.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements