Hotfix: Visitor Debuff

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Hotfix: Visitor Debuff

Postby jorb » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:32 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:So everything that happened in the rylhhlelh raid is still 100% possible? I don't see any changes to prevent anything that happened.

Correct.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby loftar » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:33 pm

DaniAngione wrote:Make it so it can at least be stockpiled (without melting) on mountain/snow biome :(

As long as you're far enough up in the mountains that there's snow terrain, it can be stockpiled. If it can't, that sounds like a bug.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby DaniAngione » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:37 pm

loftar wrote:
DaniAngione wrote:Make it so it can at least be stockpiled (without melting) on mountain/snow biome :(

As long as you're far enough up in the mountains that there's snow terrain, it can be stockpiled. If it can't, that sounds like a bug.

Hmmm, really? Didn't know :O

I literally live on the snow biome:

All my snow stockpiles have melted, though. I do put them over paved ground, however. I suppose when the ground is paved the place stops counting as "snow biome"? :(
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby loftar » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:38 pm

DaniAngione wrote:All my snow stockpiles have melted, though. I do put them over paved ground, however. I suppose when the ground is paved the place stops counting as "snow biome"? :(

It's the "height over sea level" (not that there's really any "sea level") that counts, not the actual terrain.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby DaniAngione » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:41 pm

loftar wrote:
DaniAngione wrote:All my snow stockpiles have melted, though. I do put them over paved ground, however. I suppose when the ground is paved the place stops counting as "snow biome"? :(

It's the "height over sea level" (not that there's really any "sea level") that counts, not the actual terrain.

Hmmm... I see. I guess that the snow biome "appears" on world gen wherever the terrain goes beyond that point, right?

That would explain why when I dig paved ground it becomes mountain - not snow - because snow was probably "placed" because of the height although the terrain is originally mountain. So my snow stockpiles shouldn't disappear this high, I'll make new tests and if they disappear again I shall post on the bugs section.

W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby Glorthan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:35 am

banok wrote:
jorb wrote:Key Fixes
[*] Fixed a bug by which charter stones could sometimes spawn Hearthfires over open gates.

banok wrote:like I tried to explain even if you weren't lazy and walled it, its gate would be open with limited space for hearthfires which presumably would then spawn outside im betting, so Im willing to bet good salt this exploit would still be 100% possible.

Kek

You didn't even need it to be full to spawn outside before the patch.
Glorthan

Previous

Return to Announcements