Pre-Announcement: Siege Changes

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Pre-Announcement: Siege Changes

Postby NaoWhut » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:40 pm

Delamore wrote:Outside of the exact mechanics of how sieges happen and what effects they have, seriously consider moving them to only be possible during the weekend so that both sides have a proper chance at being part of it.

The fuck? I work during the weekend.

Hell i work during the week too. Just
make it so my base can never be raided
because i'm at work. Can't do it. Also i
need sleep, so immunity then too plz.

ImageImage
NaoWhut

Postby Delamore » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:44 pm

NaoWhut wrote:
Delamore wrote:Outside of the exact mechanics of how sieges happen and what effects they have, seriously consider moving them to only be possible during the weekend so that both sides have a proper chance at being part of it.

The fuck? I work during the weekend.

No solution is perfect, but the truth is that the majority of people do not work or have class over the weekends. Also friday is often considered part of the weekend for MMOs that run events/time locked content over the "weekend" period.

oh you edited your post to make it seem like I'm asking for safety rather than a period of action
Delamore

Postby Kaios » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:06 pm

pedorlee wrote:If a system like this is implemented I bet it will happen the same as in Salem with the MM tribe. You want to build a minehole? Wait because the lords will be asking for wax or death. And this will happen with every coincibable worth item you can imagine.

I don't know, reading over the ideas posted before again leads me to believe that's not the sort of direction they want to take it. Would a village be able to claim over another village whether they like it or not? Possibly. Should that prevent them from doing anything such as building or performing certain actions? No.
Kaios

Postby iamah » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:33 pm

Maybe implement territories and border disputes between alliances spontaneously formed by geographic location of it's towns. This way the battle moves away from simple base bashing to something more like Armies and Wars like Jorb said he wanted. Of course in the end of the war the losing territory could have it's bases eventually sieged or simply assimilated to a great territory. Sure this could lead to one unique territory, but on the other hand it makes possible to fight away from your doorstep, so if you lose you know you have some space and time to recompose and come back to the border conflict.
iamah

Postby Thedrah » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:02 am

would be interesting if territory extended beyond the claim. to give pvp some form of movement and control. maybe have territories have it's own channel to chat on if you are in alliance

if a newb started a small hovel, should the territorial boundaries push him out or forced to be part of the area should be an option for the lawspeaker(s) which would dictate course of action
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby Moisture » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:59 pm

LadyGoo wrote:
Potjeh wrote:I think status quo, as bad as it is, is still preferable.
Nope. If devs won't implement points of conflict, as an alternative, W9 will end up in the same way as W8: empty, boring, lifeless. It's not that raiders made it that empty. We would stumble across well-established but completely abandoned settlements last world. It's not like they were raided. They have quit because there was nothing else to do.

Right now the world has reached the critical point, when all the middle-tier villages have reached the end-game stuff. There is nothing else to do but grind quality nowadays, unless you wanna suicide your character in a meaningless encounter. Even the trade is stale, since devs screwed up with quality development system as well (trees do not grow over the cap, good quality resourse nodes are not rare at all, farming sucks, mining at level 5 brings you at the same level as top villages and etc.).

Put all the mouses in a place where they do not have to struggle and survive, and they'll all die eventually (quit).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM

Pretty much this.

I have been attacking and killing everybody in the area just hoping somebody will kill me so I can fuck off until next world, where these problems will hopefully, FINALLY be fucking fixed (Implying that has any chance of happening though).
I've fucked with villages that are 4-6 times the size of ours and the only retaliation they've been bothered to do is send a couple of nidbanes or stand outside my walls asking me to walk out and fight 10 of them. That right there should tell you how shit the siege system currently is. I fuck with a big village and they can't even be bothered wasting their time to break down my wall and murder me. I don't even blame them either, I wouldn't waste my time sieging anywhere. Everything of value that I have is on alts or in a completely different base that has no affiliation with my murderous characters.

Somebody please, just end my fucking misery and come and bug raid me or some shit, jesus christ.
Can you feel my sinister vibe?
Moisture

Postby Duane » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:52 pm

Moisture wrote:[
Pretty much this.

I have been attacking and killing everybody in the area just hoping somebody will kill me so I can fuck off until next world, where these problems will hopefully, FINALLY be fucking fixed (Implying that has any chance of happening though).
I've fucked with villages that are 4-6 times the size of ours and the only retaliation they've been bothered to do is send a couple of nidbanes or stand outside my walls asking me to walk out and fight 10 of them. That right there should tell you how shit the siege system currently is. I fuck with a big village and they can't even be bothered wasting their time to break down my wall and murder me. I don't even blame them either, I wouldn't waste my time sieging anywhere. Everything of value that I have is on alts or in a completely different base that has no affiliation with my murderous characters.

Somebody please, just end my fucking misery and come and bug raid me or some shit, jesus christ.

What you're saying is that while you think sieging is garbage, you want someone to siege you. Then you say that they'd get nothing from sieging you because you alt-vault.

You're a non-participant in sieging for a completely different reason that sieging being garbage.

Two paragraphs that will fix sieging entirely, and kill off every carebear at once:

1. If a claim's shield is broken and that shield belongs to a village, Everyone's characters who have logged out ON THAT CLAIM, with hearthfires ON THAT CLAIM, or with affiliations TO THAT VILLAGE are logged in, forcefully. If you right-click a village claim, you should be able to get Smell of Scoundels that lead to village members, and where they are. Alt-vaulting is CANCER. Being able to keep stuff safe without being in an area where you ARE safe is STUPID. Logging off should not keep you safe if you've put yourself in a situation where your safety is not guaranteed - through your own fault, the fault of others or the desires of others to take your safety.

2. Bridges, roads and trade need to be implemented moreso in a way that helps trading rather than only helping raiders. As it stands, anyone can stand at a given crossroad for a road and just stand there. Given someone doesn't know about the shift-camera function of roads, they're probably gonna get fucked in a 3v1 gank. Given that they do, they probably lost an alt with half an inventory of trade goods because trading with your main character isn't incentivized at all. Stats don't matter for trade like the did in previous worlds, but they certainly matter for halting the trade entirely. Incentivize trading in a way that stats matter so that trading via alts isn't the go-to. The circle will complete itself.
Duane

Postby Moisture » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:46 am

Duane wrote:What you're saying is that while you think sieging is garbage, you want someone to siege you. Then you say that they'd get nothing from sieging you because you alt-vault.

Moisture wrote:I fuck with a big village and they can't even be bothered wasting their time to break down my wall and murder me. I don't even blame them either, I wouldn't waste my time sieging anywhere. Everything of value that I have is on alts or in a completely different base that has no affiliation with my murderous characters.

Pretty self explanatory, really.
Can you feel my sinister vibe?
Moisture

Postby Duane » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:57 am

Moisture wrote:Pretty self explanatory, really.

Yeah, first you stated the problem with risk/reward/return on investment in the game right now.

And then you state why.

Moisture wrote:Everything of value that I have is on alts or in a completely different base that has no affiliation with my murderous characters.

You're 100% right. I agree with you. This sentence is the problem with sieging. Wipe the carebears. Salt the earth. If you are sieged you should be in immediate, dire danger. Right now you're not. You just charterstone out if you've got one, or leave out a back gate if you've got one of those. Those two things don't have a counter if the village reacts and notices within 12 hours. They should.

I want people to be able to kill you. I want people to be able to kill me. I want fights to prevent those two things to ensue and for combat to happen and I want it all to be a part of clashes over trade and resources.

The game will stagnate if sieging isn't possible. It's definitely hard right now.

TBH though, I don't think anyone has tried to siege since sieging was re-tuned last patch.
Duane

Postby Glorthan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:59 am

Duane wrote:1. If a claim's shield is broken and that shield belongs to a village, Everyone's characters who have logged out ON THAT CLAIM, with hearthfires ON THAT CLAIM, or with affiliations TO THAT VILLAGE are logged in, forcefully. If you right-click a village claim, you should be able to get Smell of Scoundels that lead to village members, and where they are. Alt-vaulting is CANCER. Being able to keep stuff safe without being in an area where you ARE safe is STUPID. Logging off should not keep you safe if you've put yourself in a situation where your safety is not guaranteed - through your own fault, the fault of others or the desires of others to take your safety.

Wipe out a village for a world, what a fun game.

If this was implemented as you said, what I'd do is not be part of a village, quite simply. Teamspeak would suffice for village chat, and just use a dummy village with banners to claim the outer wall with pclaimed plots, and you can log out off the claims with alts as well as mains. If you tried to stop this behaviour of alt vaulting I'd just make an outpost, store my alt vaulting hearthfires there, and walk the alts over to my base. If you made it possible to not log out on my crafters, I'd just never play again after getting sieged once. Having a forced mass genocide of every single member of your village if some NEET faction spends 12hrs camping (or bot camping) their siege equipment is the dumbest suggestion I've ever heard with regards to siege, no offense.
Glorthan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements