Game Development: Catapult Metallic

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Catapult Metallic

Postby Arcanist » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:55 am

nevermind
Arcanist

Postby Ragnar214 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:16 am

Was looking for what Valhalla is. There is no topic named it in announcements but I remember it being in there somewhere. I used the search function but there are so many posts with valhalla in there....

What is valhalla? Other than the home of norse gods :P
Ragnar214

Postby strpk0 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:20 am

Ragnar214 wrote:Was looking for what Valhalla is. There is no topic named it in announcements but I remember it being in there somewhere. I used the search function but there are so many posts with valhalla in there....

What is valhalla? Other than the home of norse gods :P

A place where your characters (or a temporary copy of them, rather) can go for endlessly feasting upon the divine pork that increases stats and to fight with other people.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Ragnar214 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:25 am

Ah okay, so I can go learn to fight there then without dying. Whats the divine pork raise stats for if you can't bring the stats back with you? how do I get there?
Ragnar214

Postby ramones » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:44 am

Ragnar214 wrote:Ah okay, so I can go learn to fight there then without dying. Whats the divine pork raise stats for if you can't bring the stats back with you? how do I get there?

The pig food is for you to be able to raise stats temporarily in Valhalla in case you have really bad ones, so you can have same ones as your opponent you are trying to train fight with.
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

Postby Jesterz » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:49 am

Ragnar214 wrote:Ah okay, so I can go learn to fight there then without dying. Whats the divine pork raise stats for if you can't bring the stats back with you? how do I get there?

You get there by clicking the create new character. To the right of the creation room there is a rainbow. Once you click the rainbow a list of characters eligible of going to valhalla will be available. It was required to 50 int and 100k LP in order to go to valhalla. I can't confirm if that prereq is still required or not.
Jesterz

Postby ramones » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:51 am

It is not, you only need one living character in the "real" world, then you can go there with any new character on same account.

It is however boring, since you cannot get discoveries so for most of the newbies Valhalla is still useless. Same goes for rangers I guess, since no food buff for them.
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

Postby jordancoles » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:04 am

Jesterz wrote:

You get there by clicking the create new character. To the right of the creation room there is a rainbow. Once you click the rainbow a list of characters eligible of going to valhalla will be available. It was required to 50 int and 100k LP in order to go to valhalla. I can't confirm if that prereq is still required or not.

go to the left*
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby fuinharlz » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:18 am

Jorb, you really want to see ppl using those siege engines (ram and catapult) to actually really siege other villages insteado of raiding by workarounds or explots?

Give those (ram and catapult) some protection! What if, instead of camping a ram for 12h, give the ram kind of a shield like claims, but instead of being damaged by siege weapons, it is only damaged by players? And make it so it can only be used after those 12 hours, but it requires a real effort to destroy it before those 12h. And that shield does not interfere with moving/use damage or get damaged from moving/use damage. This way, those sieging can actually try to build the ram on the outside of the sieged town, while those on the town try to stop em. If they are able to build the ram/catapult, they'll still have to wait some time to use it, but they don't need to be camping it so it don't get destroied in a glimpse. They CAN camp so the attacked village don't get a chance to go in and start attacking the ram/catapult shield, but its not something mandatory. And when the 12h have passed and the ram/catapult is useable, the shield goes down (so yeah, you have to use it once the shield goes down or it turns to the actual vulnerability we have now) and it's THEN job of the attackers to protect the ram while using it.
fuinharlz

Postby linkfanpc » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:05 pm

loftar wrote:I expect to have it working either later tonight or tomorrow, but you never know what might happen along the way.

3 days l8r, still nothing.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements