Divine Intervention: The Case of Dis vs. Dev Team

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Divine Intervention: The Case of Dis vs. Dev Team

Postby marvi » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:52 pm

Potjeh wrote:I'm not saying they should close client source even if that were possible, or that they should invest significant time in client development, because the effort has already been invested in all these nifty custom clients, they just need to import any good custom features into default as they're developed.

The thing is, "import any good custom features" is not a simple task. Unless you think that loftar can copy-paste code from other clients without reviewing it and resisting the urge to rewrite all these silly hacks.

IMO, ideally, official client should support addons with various points of extension. But that's a lot work as well. And it should be discussed in another topic I guess.
marvi

Postby ven » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:26 pm

Kaios wrote:I meant without a stat cap it's kind of pointless trying to fight characters with those stats, even with the fourth root rather than square root shit.

Stat cap isn't the only solution though. Real aging could solve that and force people to go to combat with their high statted chars before they turn old.
Fake aging would work even better. In practice, chars are still immortal, but they get penalties on physical stats as they receive major wounds and emulate old age this way. It doesn't make them useless, just useless in combat. There are a few games that do the latter.
Venator
ven

Postby tyrtix » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:47 pm

i find at least weird that the defense line of someone that got a "divine intervention" from the devs is "we do like everyone else does". Seems that the help they give to the devs does not prevent them to bot heavily enough to be punished, and also make them understand that if they get punished is because they did something they should not.
tyrtix

Postby LadyGoo » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:21 pm

ven wrote:Stat cap isn't the only solution though. Real aging could solve that and force people to go to combat with their high statted chars before they turn old.
Fake aging would work even better. In practice, chars are still immortal, but they get penalties on physical stats as they receive major wounds and emulate old age this way. It doesn't make them useless, just useless in combat. There are a few games that do the latter.
That are not permadeath, I assume?
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby dageir » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:54 pm

LadyGoo wrote:We don't kill without solid reasons. Insulting and harassing your own villagers that want to be friends with us + sending AD to harass our friends might not seem to be a valid reason for you though.
In fact, we've spared quite many people we've encountered, including people in a full battle gear once we've confirmed that they're not affiliated with AD. Can't tell the same about Beacon and Aramore though.

I very much like Paradox's EU4 systems for the cause of war. Have a look at it: http://www.eu4wiki.com/Casus_belli

I bet you like the function where you can fabricate a claim?
dageir

Postby ven » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:13 pm

LadyGoo wrote:That are not permadeath, I assume?

The ones I have in mind are permadeath, but in my opinion that has nothing to do with the mechanics. First, because aging and permadeath are two different things. Secondly, because haven isn't permadeath either.
Venator
ven

Postby leanne69 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:26 pm

Kaios wrote:Diminished return would be a good start, I don't think this curbs the issue of botting though as botters will still be able to remain higher in stats indefinitely.

The more constitution you have less hp per con you will get for rising your stats.
Constitution : 100*sqrt(con/10)
10 con = 100hp
40 con = 200hp
90 con = 300hp
160con = 400hp

Strenght is the same. I'll give the example in UC damage to avoid overcomplicating my example:

<<< Base damage of punch : 10
With a STR of 10 : 10*sqrt(str/10) = 10 damage
With a STR of 40 : 10*sqrt(str/10) = 20 damage
With a STR of 90 : 10*sqrt(str/10) = 30 damage
With a STR of 160 : 10*sqrt(str/10) = 40 damage
More str you will gain, less efficient it'll become as you progress.

Agility is already nerfed, since it is capped from 0.8 to 1.2

MC/UA have already been nerfed. There is only 12% difference between you and the guy with twice more MC/UA that you have.

What i'm trying to point out is there is >ALREADY< a diminishing return included in the game.

what you're asking is probably horizontal asymptotic formula, but it would simply lead to another version of stats cap. That would be nonsense to remove stats cap but include that instead.
King of Dis, fiancé of LadyGoo
leanne69

Postby LadyGoo » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:27 pm

Yeah, Kaios, do some maths, man!
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby Zeler » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:33 pm

leanne69 wrote:bunch of lies!

B-but the botted titans!!!
Zeler

Postby Kaios » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:46 pm

I'm bad at math so I try to avoid it whenever I can. I think with this combat even those slight differences at higher stats makes a huge difference, especially if that difference in stats is a matter of 10x the opponent :P

Something needs to be done about combat meditation, all other maneuvers are garbage in comparison.
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements