Game Development: Market Garden

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Market Garden

Postby InvaderDoom » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:11 am

Has anyone else noticed that animals now seem to spawn at lower quality than usual? I've looked at every, deer, elk, and boar I've come across. I used to never see an Elk lower than q80...now they seem to be commonly q50ish.

Deers used to be between q40 and q110, but now I rarely see one above q40. Was this a quiet adjustment to compensate for bone clay? Or have I just been having terrible luck since this patch went live?
I just love to stalk the Jorbtar
#Memories
InvaderDoom

Postby Savori » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:43 am

InvaderDoom wrote:Has anyone else noticed that animals now seem to spawn at lower quality than usual? I've looked at every, deer, elk, and boar I've come across. I used to never see an Elk lower than q80...now they seem to be commonly q50ish.

Deers used to be between q40 and q110, but now I rarely see one above q40. Was this a quiet adjustment to compensate for bone clay? Or have I just been having terrible luck since this patch went live?

They are affected by your arrow quality now :?
Yesterday I slaughtered a bear getting q13 meat, then realised that I by mistake made q10 arrows from the wild instead of from my base.

rip archery
No trees were killed by this post, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Savori

Postby InvaderDoom » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:51 am

Savori wrote:
InvaderDoom wrote:Has anyone else noticed that animals now seem to spawn at lower quality than usual? I've looked at every, deer, elk, and boar I've come across. I used to never see an Elk lower than q80...now they seem to be commonly q50ish.

They are affected by your arrow quality now :?
Yesterday I slaughtered a bear getting q13 meat, then realised that I by mistake made q10 arrows from the wild instead of from my base.

rip archery

Is this also effected by the quality of the sword used to kill?

Edit: Ok so it must only be effected by Arrow quality. Checked the quality of an Auroch before kill - 41.3 -- After killing it with a q101 Hirdsman it was still q41.3(That was after skinning and butchering)

Edit #2: Found an Elk, inspected it - q51.7 -- After killing with q102 arrows, quality while butchering is still q51.7. Pretty sure something is broken here.
#Memories
InvaderDoom

Postby Enjoyment » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:28 am

InvaderDoom wrote:Is this also effected by the quality of the sword used to kill?

Edit: Ok so it must only be effected by Arrow quality. Checked the quality of an Auroch before kill - 41.3 -- After killing it with a q101 Hirdsman it was still q41.3(That was after skinning and butchering)

Edit #2: Found an Elk, inspected it - q51.7 -- After killing with q102 arrows, quality while butchering is still q51.7. Pretty sure something is broken here.

Don't be so sure..
jorb wrote:[*] Animal produce quality is now soft-capped by each projectile you shoot/'sploit into them. You're welcome, now go be men.

Try to enjoy it!

Do you know what "soft cap" means? Try to find one with higher q than your arrows and kill it. I'll bet, you'll get the system then. ;)
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby InvaderDoom » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:11 pm

Enjoyment wrote:Do you know what "soft cap" means? Try to find one with higher q than your arrows and kill it. I'll bet, you'll get the system then. ;)

I know what soft cap means, but I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if anyone else has noticed if the quality of animals that spawn has been reduced? Around where I'm at, I used to find Deer and Elk that spawn at over q80 consistently, now I haven't hardly seen one over q50. I'm just trying to determine if I'm just that unlucky, or if this has been truly reduced.
#Memories
InvaderDoom

Postby leanne69 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:48 pm

InvaderDoom wrote:
Enjoyment wrote:Do you know what "soft cap" means? Try to find one with higher q than your arrows and kill it. I'll bet, you'll get the system then. ;)

I know what soft cap means, but I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if anyone else has noticed if the quality of animals that spawn has been reduced? Around where I'm at, I used to find Deer and Elk that spawn at over q80 consistently, now I haven't hardly seen one over q50. I'm just trying to determine if I'm just that unlucky, or if this has been truly reduced.

It has not been reduced.

edit:ty
Last edited by leanne69 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of Dis, fiancé of LadyGoo
leanne69

Postby shubla » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:04 pm

leanne69 wrote:
InvaderDoom wrote:

It haven't been reduced.

Has not been.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby InvaderDoom » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:40 pm

shubla wrote:Has not been.

Ok, thanks for the clarification, I just must be that unlucky :p
#Memories
InvaderDoom

Postby Redlaw » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:57 pm

Hoping for an update today.
Redlaw

Postby ydex » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:26 pm

me too, last bunch of updates have been so good so im really looking forward for more :D
bold
ydex

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements