Game Development: Market Garden

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Market Garden

Postby Scilly_guy » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:42 pm

InvaderDoom wrote:
Enjoyment wrote:Do you know what "soft cap" means? Try to find one with higher q than your arrows and kill it. I'll bet, you'll get the system then. ;)

I know what soft cap means, but I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if anyone else has noticed if the quality of animals that spawn has been reduced? Around where I'm at, I used to find Deer and Elk that spawn at over q80 consistently, now I haven't hardly seen one over q50. I'm just trying to determine if I'm just that unlucky, or if this has been truly reduced.

I'm sure I recall in older versions that animal quality increased with distance from "civilisation" meaning if there is a lot of activity in an area animals will reduce in quality, I can't be sure this was ever really implemented that well/if at all. However it does fit with what you are saying.
Scilly_guy

Postby Savori » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:32 am

Scilly_guy wrote:
I'm sure I recall in older versions that animal quality increased with distance from "civilisation" meaning if there is a lot of activity in an area animals will reduce in quality, I can't be sure this was ever really implemented that well/if at all. However it does fit with what you are saying.

Seems like a better idea. I think this system should have been implemented instead for determining animal quality. It would remain unbiased towards both bowhunting or melee too. Right now J/R has nerfed archery so much that it's now become obsolete. I hope they remove this system in the next update. :?
No trees were killed by this post, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Savori

Postby Zeler » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:50 am

I kinda like the nerf to animal quality using a bow tho. Wan to kill animals without danger of getting hit? Face a quality decrease if you use bad arrows.
Zeler

Postby zebratul » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:07 am

Zeler wrote:I kinda like the nerf to animal quality using a bow tho. Wan to kill animals without danger of getting hit? Face a quality decrease if you use bad arrows.

It makes sense, however you still can cheese animals and atack them safely from a boat, or set up hunting alts as bait while your main kills the animal.
These methods should be reworked as well.
zebratul

Postby Enjoyment » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:09 am

Zeler wrote: Face a quality decrease if you use bad arrows.

Does the quality of your weapon also softcap animal output q for each hit you did?
If no, that's sounds even more stupid. Like "You can harm the bear hide with your two bad arrows, but won't decrease its quality tearing it apart with two-handed battle-axe even for a 20 hit"...
Nerfing only archery 'cause of some retards crying - become a retard aswell..

UPD: More than that. The melee hunting should decrease quality even more - so we can divide PvP (more easily performed by melee) and PvE (more archery hunting). The world, where full-plated "hunters" chasing their game with b12 looks kinda weird.
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby insanechef » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:34 pm

but melee is manly. if anything it should increase the quality because manliness
insanechef

Postby Glorthan » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:39 pm

insanechef wrote:but melee is manly. if anything it should increase the quality because manliness

Also incredibly unrealistic, but who gives a shit right?
Glorthan

Postby Jacobian123 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:20 pm

Enjoyment wrote:
Zeler wrote: Face a quality decrease if you use bad arrows.

Does the quality of your weapon also softcap animal output q for each hit you did?
If no, that's sounds even more stupid. Like "You can harm the bear hide with your two bad arrows, but won't decrease its quality tearing it apart with two-handed battle-axe even for a 20 hit"...
Nerfing only archery 'cause of some retards crying - become a retard aswell..

UPD: More than that. The melee hunting should decrease quality even more - so we can divide PvP (more easily performed by melee) and PvE (more archery hunting). The world, where full-plated "hunters" chasing their game with b12 looks kinda weird.

Boar spears need a use, this could be a perfect opportunity to make them viable again.
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby leanne69 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:22 pm

Boar spear are viable. Same damage as bow+arrow at decent quality, super high charging speed but lower range. They're deadly from anyone using them properly.
King of Dis, fiancé of LadyGoo
leanne69

Postby Jacobian123 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:24 pm

leanne69 wrote:Boar spear are viable. Same damage as bow+arrow at decent quality, super high charging speed but lower range. They're deadly from anyone using them properly.

Except no one uses them in favor of melee engagements.
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements