Divine Intervention: The Case of zebratul vs AD

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Divine Intervention: The Case of zebratul vs AD

Postby Kaios » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:12 pm

Frostburn wrote:There are ways to make an opinion, statement, or fact and have the people still respect you even if you are standing on opposite side of the subject. It can be tricky to do so depending on who is the audience but I feel there is at least an optimal success of doing so :) .

Who are "the people" and why should I care if they respect me or not? Does their respect make my opinions any more or less valid? No, because it's still an opinion regardless of how many people agree or disagree with it. The fact is this game has a special sort of relationship with the forum in that people take things so personally they are willing to ruin your entire in-game experience over a few petty insults. I don't care about those people nor do I care what they think of me.
Kaios

Postby VDZ » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:21 pm

Frostburn wrote:There are ways to make an opinion, statement, or fact and have the people still respect you even if you are standing on opposite side of the subject. It can be tricky to do so depending on who is the audience but I feel there is at least an optimal success of doing so :) .

I don't know, I don't think there's any way of defending either AD or DIS is a AD vs DIS "discussion" that does not result in people tossing petty insults at you. The whole thing has been polarized to the point where people will just support their side no matter what even if they abuse bugs, crash servers, steal accounts and so on.

Kaios wrote:Who are "the people" and why should I care if they respect me or not? Does their respect make my opinions any more or less valid? No, because it's still an opinion regardless of how many people agree or disagree with it.

In general, posts are written to convey information or opinions to the readers. In the case of opinions, they are generally aimed at people with opposing viewpoints or people with no strong opinion either way. Disrespect makes it less likely for your message to reach its intended audience, so unless you're just posting to reassure yourself or trying to be part of a group by preaching to the choir, yes, you should care.
VDZ

Postby Kaios » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:53 pm

VDZ wrote:In general, posts are written to convey information or opinions to the readers. In the case of opinions, they are generally aimed at people with opposing viewpoints or people with no strong opinion either way. Disrespect makes it less likely for your message to reach its intended audience, so unless you're just posting to reassure yourself or trying to be part of a group by preaching to the choir, yes, you should care.

Posting to reassure myself of what, that I can talk a lot of shit? Don't worry I know it already. Preaching to the choir? Don't make me laugh, I'm a fucking solo artist out here and I don't say anything just to be in someone's favour.
Kaios

Postby Bowshot125 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:49 am

Lock the thread, everythings been discussed and hopefully Jorb & Loftar take this uproar into consideration for future issues.

Its just unneeded arguments now.
Bowshot125

Postby LadyGoo » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:54 am

Take in consideration what? Being soft on bugabuses?
Better if he'll make the punishments even harsher.
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:02 am

ayyy i saw ad steal from the market and know exactly how they did it tbh

they never used the boat bug i saw them do the whole thing XDDD, they were stealing from a claim that had tresspass set to white or something so 1st crate they stole they picked it up and walked otuside the wall and ported it back and the second one they picked it up inside and hearthed back

i know this is how they did it because i was also able to pick shit up on this claim, well i was able to once it wouldnt work most of the time so idk
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Bowshot125 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:39 am

LadyGoo wrote:Take in consideration what? Being soft on bugabuses?
Better if he'll make the punishments even harsher.

No Blight Queen, punishing those that bug abused, and sparing the ones that did not.
Bowshot125

Postby jordancoles » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:23 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:ayyy i saw ad steal from the market and know exactly how they did it tbh

they never used the boat bug i saw them do the whole thing XDDD, they were stealing from a claim that had tresspass set to white or something so 1st crate they stole they picked it up and walked otuside the wall and ported it back and the second one they picked it up inside and hearthed back

i know this is how they did it because i was also able to pick shit up on this claim, well i was able to once it wouldnt work most of the time so idk

No they didn't they were hacking your eyes played tricks on you ok
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Valten21 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:31 am

Cringe
You may have foiled the plans of BAD-EVIL this time, but there is no rest for the wicked.
Valten21

Postby jorb » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:43 am

Bowshot125 wrote:Lock the thread, everythings been discussed and hopefully Jorb & Loftar take this uproar into consideration for future issues.

Its just unneeded arguments now.

This.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Previous

Return to Announcements