Game Development: A Taste of Wheel

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: A Taste of Wheel

Postby jordancoles » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:24 pm

Please build on to the client mapping system.

Let us zoom out the map and see markers that we've placed on our minimaps :)
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby stenz » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:50 pm

my blueberry pie used to be an exclusive intelligence food. Now it is just another RNG food.
stenz

Postby jorb » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:55 pm

stenz wrote:my blueberry pie used to be an exclusive intelligence food. Now it is just another RNG food.

Nothing random about it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Kaios » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:04 pm

jorb wrote:Nothing random about it.

Definitely overwhelming though and also tedious in the sense that most people will want to find out what the best combinations are for a particular stat and only collect the specific meats/vegetables for those combinations. Not saying it's a bad thing but I don't think it's doing one of its jobs correctly which I think was to give some of the less used animal meats (rabbit, squirrel, hedgehog, chicken, fox, badger, lynx) more use.
Kaios

Postby Redlaw » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:00 pm

Well to me its doing a great job, if I use bat or fox meat in my steak and tubers, I suddenly do get an Int boost as an option, the new sausage is a great way to grind up scraps. But this might be a point of view type of thing. One person thinks its failing another wonders what will happen next.
Redlaw

Postby xTrainx » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:02 pm

i actually enjoy the variaty in these meats too
xTrainx

Postby Kaios » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:16 pm

Redlaw wrote:Well to me its doing a great job, if I use bat or fox meat in my steak and tubers, I suddenly do get an Int boost as an option, the new sausage is a great way to grind up scraps. But this might be a point of view type of thing. One person thinks its failing another wonders what will happen next.

I guess I can see the appeal in adding the chance for INT fep on a food that was typically str/con but foods with two or more FEPs are already bad when compared to better foods like cheese that will instead give you a single and easier to gain FEP raise. Adding a fourth FEP to foods that already have 3 is just overkill and I don't see the need for it at all.

You're right that it is definitely a matter of perspective but I believe for the majority of the players, 90% of the time you want simple over variety and especially if you're taking satiations in to consideration as well.
Kaios

Postby Redlaw » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:26 pm

Yet I can see them now having a much easier time adding lets say Sunflower, Purples carrots, potatoes, new animals for us to hunt. With out having to add brand new things instantly for us to need to cook with them. Just cook that new tasty wolf meat into a pie and your good. Lets say they add rare versions of animals, now the fact that white mountain bear, or silver stag can be super charged in what ever dish you put it in. The possibilities this change is greater in what it allows to be added easier.

Sunflowers would be amazing and top on my list, the root bundles people treat like tubers when they are cooked, the flower itself, the seeds that can be dried roasted ect... suddenly one large yellow flower adds its own special thing and adds another option.

When they add wheat in beer wurst can come back and have options lots of them.

I see the potential of what can happen. I love that its now hear and wonder what explosion of crops, and animals we will get over the next few updates to add to this change quickly.
Redlaw

Postby Ukhata » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:46 pm

ever since this update, ive been having LOADS of fun thinking about all the possibillities this variable food has.
i remember the salem way ver well, and this was a great thing that salem has and H&H didnt have.
im immensly happy uit was added.
we now have a lot of different recipies from the base type to expand on.
just wow!
Ukhata

Postby Kaios » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:58 pm

Redlaw wrote:I see the potential of what can happen. I love that its now hear and wonder what explosion of crops, and animals we will get over the next few updates to add to this change quickly.

The implementation itself is fine, I enjoy the added variety a lot but it just feels like many of the foods that were good before now lack purpose if you aren't pairing them up with the correct ingredients.

As an example, tuber mash was a great charisma food and depending on what you make it with it still can be but I think I was using mixed milk and carrots when I found that this combination for some reason adds dexterity as a fourth FEP and it's only something like 4 points compared to the 14 cha and 7 int/per. So instead of the percentage of total FEP being split between 3 types it gets split between 4 and this only lowers the amount of FEP you receive from the largest stat that you are probably trying to get anyways.
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements