Game Development: A Taste of Wheel

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: A Taste of Wheel

Postby Jacobian123 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:35 pm

Update today?
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby Kaios » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:52 pm

No response means "we are working on it so possibly but we'll see in the next few hours"
Kaios

Postby Redlaw » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:45 am

I still have my hopes that we will get an update today.
Redlaw

Postby wafflecat » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:51 am

Wasn't it a day early only last week though? Usually it's every Wednesday if I recall correctly. (iirc meaning if I looked at enough older announcements)
wafflecat

Postby sabinati » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:11 am

Kaios wrote:
jorb wrote:Nothing random about it.

Definitely overwhelming though and also tedious in the sense that most people will want to find out what the best combinations are for a particular stat and only collect the specific meats/vegetables for those combinations. Not saying it's a bad thing but I don't think it's doing one of its jobs correctly which I think was to give some of the less used animal meats (rabbit, squirrel, hedgehog, chicken, fox, badger, lynx) more use.

i think jorb's points are
  • blueberry pie wasn't changed in this update
  • there isn't anything "random" about the influences of one ingredient vs another on the FEP outcome of the food, they are basically all working as expected, and consistent across the few type of "variety input" foods e.g. beef has similar effect when used in meat pie and steak and tuber.

with regard to your point regarding it not providing a use for some of the less used animal meats, i mean, it doesn't really give them more use, because you could use any generic meat in those recipes before, but it makes what you use matter, which sort of has a side effect of making them more useful, since now i can make meat pies out of some of the random shit like that and get int/per/agi/dex in a meat pie or whatever
sabinati

Postby tyrtix » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:28 am

sabinati wrote:
Kaios wrote:
jorb wrote:Nothing random about it.

Definitely overwhelming though and also tedious in the sense that most people will want to find out what the best combinations are for a particular stat and only collect the specific meats/vegetables for those combinations. Not saying it's a bad thing but I don't think it's doing one of its jobs correctly which I think was to give some of the less used animal meats (rabbit, squirrel, hedgehog, chicken, fox, badger, lynx) more use.

i think jorb's points are
  • blueberry pie wasn't changed in this update
  • there isn't anything "random" about the influences of one ingredient vs another on the FEP outcome of the food, they are basically all working as expected, and consistent across the few type of "variety input" foods e.g. beef has similar effect when used in meat pie and steak and tuber.

with regard to your point regarding it not providing a use for some of the less used animal meats, i mean, it doesn't really give them more use, because you could use any generic meat in those recipes before, but it makes what you use matter, which sort of has a side effect of making them more useful, since now i can make meat pies out of some of the random shit like that and get int/per/agi/dex in a meat pie or whatever

So wrong: having 0.5 fep over an item with a total of 15 or 20 fep points is 2.5% chances of getting that fep (this happens with chicken, for example, i already wrote about that), making irrelevant to have that "bonus", and instead driving these points to the main fep you often want to raise, in the case of meat pie, was str, so the more you remove from str, the worse the recipe is, unless the main fep become another in total (like: i use chicken, meat pie will have main fep in dex).
Also, some meat types are NOT consistent in different recipes, try them as i've and you'll see: for example chicken and squirrel does change in effect between recipes, and squirrel is the worst, beign that roasted gives int, but in most other recipes gives cha or dex, for a really weird effect of not knowing wich fep the meat gives, while the fastest to address the thing should be that fep given while roasted are the same the meat gives when used in recipes.
tyrtix

Postby sabinati » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:05 am

tyrtix wrote:
So wrong: having 0.5 fep over an item with a total of 15 or 20 fep points is 2.5% chances of getting that fep (this happens with chicken, for example, i already wrote about that), making irrelevant to have that "bonus", and instead driving these points to the main fep you often want to raise, in the case of meat pie, was str, so the more you remove from str, the worse the recipe is, unless the main fep become another in total (like: i use chicken, meat pie will have main fep in dex).

what are you talking about, 0.5 fep?

Also, some meat types are NOT consistent in different recipes, try them as i've and you'll see: for example chicken and squirrel does change in effect between recipes, and squirrel is the worst, beign that roasted gives int, but in most other recipes gives cha or dex, for a really weird effect of not knowing wich fep the meat gives, while the fastest to address the thing should be that fep given while roasted are the same the meat gives when used in recipes.

really? are you sure? i didn't see screenshots in the thread of any squirrel meat pies and i didn't test every recipe, but what i cooked and what i saw posted in the thread was in line with what i expected based on the roast meat fep.
sabinati

Postby tyrtix » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:19 am

Ah, okay, so you did not tried the recipes, you just looked a those posted here, only meatpies. Okay, you made the point then, thanks.
tyrtix

Postby sabinati » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:23 am

i said i didn't make every recipe, not that i didn't make any recipe, and you didn't answer either question
sabinati

Postby tyrtix » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:46 am

Why i need to where there is no point in answering? i already made a post about this same thing, go and read it. Also, don't ask others to answer questions when you do the same.
tyrtix

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements