Prelude: Happy New World!

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: Happy New World!

Postby iamahh » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:35 pm

1) Stop alt addiction: getting knocked out drops all items and wakeup at home. Alts are tiresome.

2) Implement assembling machines: physics minigame where we can build "machines" from various parts that interact to auto-farm, auto-mine.

3) Make tamed horses better swimmers than humans. So we can finish quests and stop building stupid roads "crossthatshit".
iamahh

Postby Juukin » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:37 pm

So wait, are you nerfing maslov new world or not?
popfor wrote:jessy bby u r so bootiful u r a little princess from hevin and all thiese grodi men just want to use ur running skills in reel camberts. bby. its ok. I love you.

ChildhoodObesity wrote:why would juukin lie

Ozzy123 wrote: We are better at this game than you, we won, end of story.
Juukin

Postby shubla » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:38 pm

just when I was able to get out of it
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Mafious » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:38 pm

Sevenless wrote:
Steam is a massive rush of players if it goes well, but after that it dies down. If they decide to do it, I'd say player retention should be the most crucial thing to aim for. Blow the one big go and you don't usually get another chance.

its good to go "mainstream" idk how many people know about haven and hearth, and sure not everyone who plays gets hooked, but i think the word of mouth is worth it, also its more likely to be picked up by some youtuber and that adds to the visibility of the game.
https://strawpoll.com/xh2d3zr2 if you give a fuck about mining vote on this. Make mining great again! Bring back old supports.
Mafious

Postby loftar » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:40 pm

Kaios wrote:
loftar wrote:Well, the point was that it's been on our minds since we added those things, more or less.

I won't even bother extending the thread 10 pages more than it needs to be by whining about it because I'll be saying the exact same things I said last world when you implemented the end of world altar thing so I'll just be repeating myself. Point is, here we are again.

It sounds like you're saying that "the game is not done yet, so therefore it shouldn't be reset". And, well, yes, it isn't done yet. If it were, it would be in a condition where a reset wouldn't be called for. Or are you trying to argue that, when the game is done, it should be regularly reset, but not before that?

iamahh wrote:1) Stop alt addiction: getting knocked out drops all items and wakeup at home.

Are you saying this would stop alts? Not sure I understand just how. This is how it works in Salem, and alts were no less a thing there.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby shubla » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:41 pm

So you arent actually adding anything that REQUIRES a new world?
Such as neat terrain generation or some new pre-gen structures.
In other words, main goal for this world reset is to increase player count and generate more revenue?
We dont actually get that much new in game?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby strpk0 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:42 pm

Give people less incentive to use starvation alts. Implement a way to increase your energy without suiciding your satiations / hunger in the process.
Food that gives high energy but low / no nutrition has been suggested many times before.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby loftar » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:42 pm

shubla wrote:So you arent actually adding anything that REQUIRES a new world?

jorb wrote:This reset is motivated only in part by development needs. We have some changes that we want to make to the map generation, but [...]
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby chocolaterain » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:43 pm

Are there any anti-botting methods that will come with world 10? Because I was hoping that would've been sorted out before a new world would start. I don't feel motivated enough to move into yet another world to be ruined by botters to be honest.
what a b e a u t i f u l duwang
chocolaterain

Postby jorb » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:45 pm

shubla wrote:We dont actually get that much new in game?

We are certainly going to try to make the most of the opportunity. There are important changes that we want to make, but the point perhaps being that this is nevertheless a reset made very much at a time of our choosing.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements