Prelude: Happy New World!

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: Happy New World!

Postby dafels » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:03 pm

JORB PLS ADD WALL SOAK DECREASE LIKE LAST WORLD PLS!!!!!!!!!!
dafels

Postby DaniAngione » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:03 pm

What happens if I have items filling my bag and my subscription passes and I log in?

Do I lose the items? Do they magically drop? Won't I ever see them again?
Do we really need that?
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby loftar » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:06 pm

DaniAngione wrote:What happens if I have items filling my bag and my subscription passes and I log in?

My current thought on the subject is that, if there's room in the inventory, excess items are rearranged into it, and if that is not possible, they will remain "outside" the inventory until space is made, at which point they'll be rearranged again. Possibly along with a rule that no new item can be put into the inventory as long as it contains "excess items" (if necessary).
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Sevenless » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:07 pm

loftar wrote:
Sevenless wrote:Unfortunately the issue is that you're rarely in a position to meaningfully make a choice of one stat over the other. Same issue was had in Salem. It was more of a "take what you can get or ignore some qualities because they're useless" style situation, and it was the same when I played this world as well.

The potential is lost as a result.

Yes, that was pretty much exactly my point. What I am considering is adding separate (and likely "optional") quality dimensions that can be progressed on items using different mechanics, but I have not yet any concrete idea of an example of such a mechanic.

That would certainly be more likely to provide meaningful choice. I'd agree with that direction for sure.

Edit: Thanks Trainx :) I check back from time to time no matter what I'm up to.
Last edited by Sevenless on Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby DaniAngione » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:08 pm

loftar wrote:
DaniAngione wrote:What happens if I have items filling my bag and my subscription passes and I log in?

My current thought on the subject is that, if there's room in the inventory, excess items are rearranged into it, and if that is not possible, they will remain "outside" the inventory until space is made, at which point they'll be rearranged again. Possibly along with a rule that no new item can be put into the inventory as long as it contains "excess items" (if necessary).

That sounds plausible but kinda awkward. Couldn't a "rescue "excess items" thing be added to the HF if that happens? Seems more elegant and less confusing if you don't remember what is happening :P
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby Artemiswhb » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:08 pm

strpk0 wrote:It would be awesome if you guys explored other ways of making money. I think there is a lot to be made from cosmetics (atleast let people submit models for weapon skins/hats/what have you and sell those for a profit). Could also allow people to submit them through the steam workshop if you ever decide to adopt steam. Costs you guys almost no effort, makes you money, and doesn't really piss anyone off in the process. Hell, even allows people to contribute to the game they like in a creative way.
There's lots of people willing to sink money into this game no doubt, you guys simply should consider alternate venues.

Seriously though, think about it.

I know for a fact i would buy cosmetics for stuff like clothes, not only a hat.
Look for example at the game "Path of Exile", the cosmetics in that game is their biggest income.
Artemiswhb

Postby Mafious » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:10 pm

i like the idea of a fresh world, at least to see the rush of the first months.

i like the idea of not having 3q that actually no one gives a fuck about and just raise the 3 at the same time.

i DON'T like the idea of the inventory size but whatever i will play anyway.
https://strawpoll.com/xh2d3zr2 if you give a fuck about mining vote on this. Make mining great again! Bring back old supports.
Mafious

Postby GamingRAM » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:10 pm

End of the World Party at Wulfkins! Please Jorb, let it blow up and become Mordor. <3
World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Postby Colin500 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:11 pm

Finally we'll get some people back to the game for at least few months :) (weeks*)
Colin500

Postby Killface » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:13 pm

strpk0 wrote:It would be awesome if you guys explored other ways of making money.

Lol, they made the game, they're entitled to charge what they want. Vote with your dollar and play something free.
I'll pay for 2 subs next world just in case.
Jackard wrote:kvc has eleven secret herbs and spices
Killface

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements