Game Development: Perry Flotsam

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Perry Flotsam

Postby Audiosmurf » Sat May 01, 2021 12:29 am

Something something cascade will only apply to sections that are as dry or less if the wall is still drying, right?
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby bmjclark » Sat May 01, 2021 2:00 am

Honestly just thought this was a well known mechanic since it's been like this for over a year lol. Seal your corner posts / expand your claim
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby Sevenless » Sat May 01, 2021 5:13 am

bmjclark wrote:Honestly just thought this was a well known mechanic since it's been like this for over a year lol. Seal your corner posts / expand your claim

From an intuitive point of view, if your claim covers the wall the wall should be covered no? Anyone playing this game any amount of time knows, but it's still dumb it works that way.

Assuming we're talking about extension raiding anyway.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby VDZ » Sat May 01, 2021 5:23 am

Nightdawg wrote:
jorb wrote:Key Fixes
-----------------------

• Palisades should no longer cascade if smashed by hand, fixing a number of problems we've had recently with wall cascades used to break into bases.

hurr durr it's not a bug, but we called it a bug 2 years ago and fixed it, but it's not a bug when they use it now

Wait, is this the big scary bugraid committed by those dastardly ADers? Extending your palisade and then bashing it?
VDZ

Postby czaper2 » Sat May 01, 2021 5:43 am

So just to be clear here, and for the people in the back.

What the fuck are the current palisade hand bashing mechanics?
czaper2

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat May 01, 2021 6:29 am

lol I love these cases of "let me explain why this raiding method I've used several times is suddenly a bug my enemies should be nuked for"
pretty typical oinker behavior
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby vatas » Sat May 01, 2021 7:58 am

I'm under impression that broken piece of palisade can't cascade into sections that are of higher soak, so if you have fully dried, unclaimed wall, you can't just expand it for one tile and bash the fresh pali to bring the whole thing down.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Archiplex » Sun May 02, 2021 8:15 am

probably shouldn't keep obscure/dumb mechanics in the game like extension raiding

easily preventable? yeah sure. only thing it does is punish people who think it's not a thing anymore (because there were logs that said it's not, and people don't memorize all patch notes going a year back). reminds me of people who thought the old nidbane exploit shouldn't be fixed

assuming it was fixed. is it fixed? who knows, all i know is i won't be logging out outside a house if i'm outlawed, and the only reason i know not to is because i've had it happen to me. not intuitive at all, just like extension raiding.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Previous

Return to Announcements