Game Development: An Arrow to the Knee

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: An Arrow to the Knee

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:47 pm

Since combat autists have the upperhand again and noobs are more vulnerable than ever, I propose a buff that only a non-rage character can buy, it can last 24 hours too but is only available until you buy rage

Cowardous Peace

you go in to a fake KO state at 25% SHP (or HHP?) remaining in order to lengthen the window for you to TP back to your HF before an animal or player with the ability to continue attacking you after KO can kill you

essentially you play dead in hopes of saving your ass from somebody whittling your hhp with low grievous damage hits, and also gives you more time to TP home if you're still being attacked after KO
Zentetsuken

Postby loftar » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:49 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:Since combat autists have the upperhand again and noobs are more vulnerable than ever

I do wonder why you would think that. The way I see it, noobs are no more vulnerable than they were in world 10; if anything, only less so (against other players).
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby shubla » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:50 pm

loftar wrote:
Zentetsuken wrote:Since combat autists have the upperhand again and noobs are more vulnerable than ever

I do wonder why you would think that. The way I see it, noobs are no more vulnerable than they were in world 10; if anything, only less so (against other players).

But it's still worse than before.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby iamahh » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:58 pm

jorb wrote:[*] We're working on bigger things.

this / 10
iamahh

Postby VDZ » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:17 pm

loftar wrote:
VDZ wrote:Actually, why not just rename the skill to something more generic like 'ranged combat' if this change sticks? It would make more sense that someone skilled in ranged combat in general would be less affected by ranged attackers.

Hm, it has been my intention that "Marksmanship" conveys that well enough.

dictionary.com wrote:marksman[ mahrks-muh n ]
noun, plural marks·men.
1. a person who is skilled in shooting at a mark; a person who shoots well.
2. Military. the lowest rating in rifle marksmanship, below that of sharpshooter and expert.
a person who has achieved such a rating.

Merriam-Webster wrote:marksman noun
marks·​man | \ ˈmärks-mən \
Definition of marksman
: a person skilled in shooting at a mark or target

The Free Dictionary wrote:marks·man (märks′mən)
n.
1. A man skilled in shooting at a target.
a. A classification in the US Army and Marine Corps for the lowest of three ratings of rifle proficiency.
b. One who holds this rating.
marks′man·ship′ n.

marksman (ˈmɑːksmən)
n, pl -men
1. (Shooting) a person skilled in shooting
2. (Military) a serviceman selected for his skill in shooting, esp for a minor engagement
3. (Military) a qualification awarded in certain armed services for skill in shooting
ˈmarksmanˌship n
ˈmarksˌwoman fem n

marks•man (ˈmɑrks mən)
n., pl. -men.
a person who demonstrates skill in shooting at an object or target; a person who shoots well.

Wiktionary wrote:Noun
marksman (plural marksmen)

1. A man or person skilled at hitting targets, as with a firearm, bow, or thrown object.
2. (soccer) Goalscorer.

Synonyms
(skilled shooter): sharpshooter

Derived terms
markswoman
marksmanship

As far as I'm aware the word 'marksmanship' refers only to your ability to shoot accurately. It does not imply any other skills (e.g. positioning, reflexes, knowledge of tactics) that would be relevant in a combat situation. (Someone who only shoots at practice targets can be a marksman but still be worthless in actual ranged combat.)
VDZ

Postby Redlaw » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:44 pm

Over all I like these changes, though as normal reading peoples comments on discord and in other places gives me a head ache. Given many of the people quit and yet act like they know how the game is playing out right now. I am just happy to see hw these changes run few a few weeks and then tweak anything that might need being tweaked.
Redlaw

Postby Fostik » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:18 pm

Did 80 damage to badger and fox with 300q hunter bow with q300 bone arrows
I really like how it's working now, but totally useless with this dmg, imagine there will be 15-20 dmg on ~40q bow and projectiles
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby jordancoles » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:42 pm

Looks like if you're KO'd by a pack of wolves it means 100% death
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby ctopolon4 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:57 pm

jordancoles wrote:Looks like if you're KO'd by a pack of wolves it means 100% death

like real life
ctopolon4

Postby Ants » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:45 am

How come the new hat doesn't make jingling sound effects when you walk? And what was the reason for the swimming speed reductions? Rusalka's Water Moccassins were fine as they were, I think.

jordancoles wrote:Looks like if you're KO'd by a pack of wolves it means 100% death

Hunt them with your friends or find a way to cheese them.

shubla wrote:Why you hate peaceful players so? First this, and then still no colors for sketches!

WE NEED MORE COLORS NOW!!! I can't make Pinkie Pie the pony look good without a proper pink pigment and Twilight Sparkle looks like ass without a proper purple pigment. Literally game breaking tbh :( :( :( :(
Last edited by Ants on Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements