Game Development: An Arrow to the Knee

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: An Arrow to the Knee

Postby Oldimaru » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:57 am

Projectiles hurt animal qualities less. What does it mean in hunter credo now?
Oldimaru

Postby Tarnum » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:15 am

Good job! Its pretty good changes, all have protection when they do not try murder someone, its fair, maby its a bit stuped kill only by wounds and ofcorse on teamfights who will not use it will got big advantage its not fair, but this still better then nonerage mechanic with immortal murderers. With animals its also good changes, predatory animals must be danger or we just can ignore them like before. When i started, animals was alweys have chance to few attaks on ground, i got KO alot times but its still hard to die, only was push me to rise const and get armore, push to progress, not keep 10 stats and nettle pants. Pretty good
W3 LS of Boar Bay
W4 LS of Herbalist
W5 LS of Axes village
W6 LS of Abode of Hermit
W7 LS of Tarnum's Hermitage
W8 Hermit
W9 Emerald City, Ni Knights
W10 King of Silver Soul
W11 AD, LS of Ocean Store
Tarnum

Postby VDZ » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:40 am

I agree with the boreworm concern, that's the only one (aside from the extremely rare trolls) that can't reasonably be avoided unless you already happen to be near a ladder (and even if you are there's still a decent chance of getting stuck in a narrow corridor in a mine). It might lead to a lot of unfun deaths (unlike other animal kills it won't teach you to be more careful or anything, instead just feeling unavoidable).
VDZ

Postby pppp » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:36 am

I think there should be a warmup timer on Murderous rage - in 5-15 minutes range, so it is not that a player activates the buff once he sees an easy victim but it should rather require murderous intent before the other party even shows up.
pppp

Postby vatas » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:42 am

VDZ wrote:I agree with the boreworm concern, that's the only one (aside from the extremely rare trolls) that can't reasonably be avoided unless you already happen to be near a ladder (and even if you are there's still a decent chance of getting stuck in a narrow corridor in a mine). It might lead to a lot of unfun deaths (unlike other animal kills it won't teach you to be more careful or anything, instead just feeling unavoidable).

Boars and boreworms shouldn't chase infinitely. There should be some in-between at no-aggro and aggro that would force the player to take their distance from the animal. Not sure how to best communicate the player that "boar has threatening stance."
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Ukhata » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:52 am

vatas wrote:
VDZ wrote:I agree with the boreworm concern, that's the only one (aside from the extremely rare trolls) that can't reasonably be avoided unless you already happen to be near a ladder (and even if you are there's still a decent chance of getting stuck in a narrow corridor in a mine). It might lead to a lot of unfun deaths (unlike other animal kills it won't teach you to be more careful or anything, instead just feeling unavoidable).

Boars and boreworms shouldn't chase infinitely. There should be some in-between at no-aggro and aggro that would force the player to take their distance from the animal. Not sure how to best communicate the player that "boar has threatening stance."

boars definatly should.
you can outerun them rather easily
Ukhata

Postby MarcusXDead » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:48 am

Oldimaru wrote:Projectiles hurt animal qualities less. What does it mean in hunter credo now?

Valid question btw. Maybe the quality shouldn't be harmed only if you have a credo, or adding a quality loss if animal is killed from boat/horse, and by completing credo you'll be able to lift those penalties? Killing animals with ranged weapons from safe places (without quality loss) is really op only in early game, til you get some moves and good stats/equipment.
^The wall of text^
MarcusXDead

Postby ctopolon4 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:53 am

jorb wrote:We're working on bigger things. More to come!

GO GO POWER RANGERS!!!
Last edited by ctopolon4 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ctopolon4

Postby ivka » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:00 am

Ants wrote:
shubla wrote:Why you hate peaceful players so? First this, and then still no colors for sketches!

WE NEED MORE COLORS NOW!!! I can't make Pinkie Pie the pony look good without a proper pink pigment and Twilight Sparkle looks like ass without a proper purple pigment. Literally game breaking tbh :( :( :( :(

16 color EGA palette would be just SO awesome! Not these awkward colors... :?
ivka

Postby Tahlia » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:53 pm

Ardennesss wrote:
Ants wrote:
Tahlia wrote:Went afk inside my base once and came back KO'd. Eagle got me. Now that could mean death. No more afk even inside your base?

Just AFK in a house.

Easier solution, just don't log in. Presto, can't die if you don't play.

Yes at this point that does seem to be my best solution.
Tahlia

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements