Game Development: World 12

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 12

Postby borka » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:50 pm

in world map thread
borka wrote:alg is on rewriting the uploader - will still take a bit he wrote in pm

It's not the devs making the unofficial world map but players ...
borka

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:07 am

Since the changelog thread is locked, I've decided to post it here.
jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new...

[*] A non-exhaustive changelog can be found here.
All crops have a local quality field, which caps their quality growth. However, crops will not lower in quality by being planted in an area of quality lower than their own, meaning that you can still import better crops from elsewhere, grow them in your own lower quality surrounding, without experiencing quality loss. The caps are set high enough that they shouldn't matter at all for a good while.

So let's clarify this statement.
1. The caps are set high enough that they shouldn't matter at all for a good while. - No, they're not. Most of the players hit the caps already. There are numerous reports of mass-quit of farmers all over the world, because those ppl were interesting in growing quality only, not in the replanting process itself. So caps are too low for "aiming at the long-run world" thesis.
2. crops will not lower in quality by being planted in an area of quality lower than their own - and that's NOT true. Well, not completely true. Actually, crops won't lower in quality ONLY BY BEING PLANTED in an area of lower quality BUT TEY WILL LOWER their quality by other mechanics. Since we have (-2)-(+5) random on quality change for crops and hitting the cap just narrows it to (-2)-(0), you will have a worse harvest in 66% cases. And that's why
3. you can still import better crops from elsewhere, grow them in your own lower quality surrounding, without experiencing quality loss is not true. Because every harvest of imported crops WILL experience an unavoidable, inexorable, relentless quality loss until you hit your own cap quality.
4. And since the only exit for ppl will be to RENT (not buy) high-q seeds for 1-2 harvests until they start to lower lose its value, there's good soil for massive rmt-deals for bulk high-q seeds and for disappointment in trading, which can't be good.

And once ppl start to understand that - I hope you can understand why you should go to that thread and start yelling about a catastrophe brought by this horrible change.
And I also hope jorb will describe such changes better and won't hide the truth behind semi-truth. I'm not blaming him for anything so no need to counter me, I just really hope he won't make so ppl who actively played for half-year spending a lot of time and hard work on crops selecting suddenly discover themself fucked up 5 months from world start with "but... but they've said it won't lower the quality..."
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby jorb » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:02 am

Enjoyment_2 wrote:random on quality change for crops and hitting the cap just narrows it to (-2)-(0)

That's a good point.

And once ppl start to understand that - I hope you can understand why you should go to that thread and start yelling about a catastrophe brought by this horrible change. And I also hope jorb will describe such changes better and won't hide the truth behind semi-truth.

... but please cheer up. Your low energy levels give off bad mojo. Many posts like this now.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Fostik » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:06 am

jorb wrote:... but please cheer up. Your low energy levels give off bad mojo. Many posts like this now.

Indeed Enjoyment acts too impulsive, but perfectly describes playerbase opinion on most things.
So you better decide which is better, the one who just leave game silently or the one who tries to speak about game problems :?
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby synntax33 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:34 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:4. And since the only exit for ppl will be to RENT (not buy) high-q seeds for 1-2 harvests until they start to lower lose its value, there's good soil for massive rmt-deals for bulk high-q seeds and for disappointment in trading, which can't be good.

Are you for or against trading in this statement? While I personally am nowhere near any crop cap, I would imagine those that are should easily be able to get a barrel of higher q flax in trade. Is the problem that there is no more growth at all by now in the game?
synntax33

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:41 pm

jorb wrote:[*] A non-exhaustive changelog can be found here. There are plenty of things to discover.[/list]
Reworked Metorite qualities to something more reasonable.

so what is "reasonable" here?
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Headchef » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:14 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] A non-exhaustive changelog can be found here. There are plenty of things to discover.[/list]
Reworked Metorite qualities to something more reasonable.

so what is "reasonable" here?

It probably progressed with the age of the world, as previously happend even faster by buying cast iron in bulk.
Headchef

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:29 pm

Headchef wrote:
It probably progressed with the age of the world, as previously happend even faster by buying cast iron in bulk.

Probably... but am I the only one who doesn't see much "reason" in this shit?
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby talon00302 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:21 am

If this fight proves anything it should be that meteors either need to split up and land in multiple locations or to have wreckage you need to spend time to break before mining.
talon00302

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:50 am

meteors are one of those great pvp ideas that was implemented really badly. you dont really have to be big brain to realize that only the try hard factions can get their hands on these and basically monopolize off of it from lvl 9 :roll:. either join an alliance or accept that youll never go down lvl 9 and because of this every meteor fight is zerg vs zerg.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements