Game Development: Dressed in Ermine

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Dressed in Ermine

Postby jorb » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:43 pm

Take shots at the game, get blown out.

I'm not invested enough in identity politics on either end of the autist spectrum to care about that other name.

By request from the Ruler of the Realm, however, the realm formerly known as "White Pride" is now known as "Pride". Updated OP.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:47 pm

jorb wrote:Take shots at the game, get blown out.

I'm not invested enough in identity politics on either end of the autist spectrum to care about that other name.

Can we request our realm name to be Black Lives Matter?
DDDsDD999

Postby xdragonlord18 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:47 pm

Yeah, that's the problem with taking a stance at all. Once you do, anything you don't take action against is implicitly endorsed.
Ysh wrote:You all forget that bucket is include. I think with bucket it is fair price.
xdragonlord18

Postby jorb » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:48 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:Can we request our realm name to be Black Lives Matter?

No.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:53 pm

By request from the Ruler of the Realm, however, the realm formerly known as "White Pride" is now known as "Pride". Updated OP.

B-based???

jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby discospaceman » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:04 pm

maybe ermine are white so that is why he thought it was ok
discospaceman

Postby SacreDoom » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:12 pm

Jorb,

I understand the principle, as a creator, in having a hands-off approach when it comes to political issues because you'll never see the end of the claims of bias/discrimination against you if you do decide to intervene in any one given case.

And that, in my mind, would be an appropriate argument were it not for the fact that this statement is immediately preceded by what comes off ultimately as a very shortsighted intervention which, from now on, only beckons further attempts to goad you into changes like these, since it is now obvious to people that taking laughable pot shots at the game has a chance of getting your attention. Why not just message the owner of the kingdom and hash it out with them behind the scenes to avoid silly drama if this actually annoys you or feels like an affront to immersion? If the latter is the case, I must admit I'd find that argument rather stale, given how "White Pride" with its obvious real-life allusions isn't an issue to you as a thorn in the eye of aesthetic or immersion. If your genuine interest is to avoid having to constantly intervene or having instances of obvious meta-game discussions in prominent player-made entities you yourself have made your bed quite poorly in this situation.

I find how you have handled this laughable at best, poor attempts at equating identity politics with racism aside.

In short:

SacreDoom

Postby Ants » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:15 pm

Why not let us change realm names as much as we want using a rare item and a lot of xp? Village names, too. This isn't the first time someone created something with an unpopular name and it won't be the last. The ability to change village names has been requested several times already.

And what if a realm is ruled by a group rather than one person? :?

LadyApollo wrote:And why does White Pride is an acceptable name again?

Because we're all white in this game. Any other type of racial pride is having pride for something that doesn't exist until we get more skin tones.
Last edited by Ants on Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby mulamishne » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:22 pm

Ants wrote:Why not let us change realm names as much as we want using a rare item and a lot of xp? Village names, too. This isn't the first time someone created something with an unpopular name and it won't be the last. The ability to change village names has been requested several times already.

Player population was pretty popular with most everyone we talked to. The issue was the people we DIDN'T talk to
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby Resture » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:22 pm

Holy fuck this post really brought the autism out in this community.
Resture

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements