Game Development: Dressed in Ermine

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Dressed in Ermine

Postby DPblH » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:35 pm

Btw, this wouldn't save player population.
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Postby ErdTod » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:36 pm

What was wrong with "Player Population" name? Was it jsut a request to change it's name, or is it something racist that I'm not aware of (and it doesn't seem to google)?
ErdTod

Postby mulamishne » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:39 pm

ErdTod wrote:What was wrong with "Player Population" name? Was it jsut a request to change it's name, or is it something racist that I'm not aware of (and it doesn't seem to google)?

Nah, wasn't a request, it was a force change. Nothing racist either. Devs didn't like it was all.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby MightySheep » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:39 pm

ErdTod wrote:What was wrong with "Player Population" name? Was it jsut a request to change it's name, or is it something racist that I'm not aware of (and it doesn't seem to google)?

thin skinned devs
MightySheep

Postby Ants » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:39 pm

All rivers claimed by pride are now gay bath houses. All our oceans are now populated exclusively by gay fish.
Last edited by Ants on Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby ErdTod » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:40 pm

Ah, I see. The joke of the name was in the :falling: thingie, i.e. player population is falling. Alright, funny, thanks.
ErdTod

Postby loftar » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:43 pm

Ysh wrote:If I run this game I think I will not open Pandora's box of name moderation.

That's not really the idea either way. "White Pride"'s name was changed by request of its ruler, not for moderation reasons. "Player Pop" was likewise not changed for moderation reasons, but because we felt like it.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby lolligag9 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:45 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:So you okay with realm name "White Pride"?

Yes.
lolligag9

Postby Ants » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:48 pm

loftar wrote:
Ysh wrote:If I run this game I think I will not open Pandora's box of name moderation.

That's not really the idea either way. "White Pride"'s name was changed by request of its ruler, not for moderation reasons. "Player Pop" was likewise not changed for moderation reasons, but because we felt like it.

Did you ask the ruler of population falling what they wanted their new name to be?
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Ysh » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:49 pm

loftar wrote:

Force name change for any reason is ''moderation'' in my books. But I will amend previous statement to as follows:

If I run this game I think I will not open Pandora's box of perform forced name change for any reason except legal obligation.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements