Game Development: Garden Bell

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Garden Bell

Postby jorb » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:42 am

muncher wrote:But it's good to know that I can do whatever I want in this game that will give me an advantage, as long as I send the proof that I did it to you so you can fix it.

Make that your key takeaway at your own peril.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jorb » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:49 am

shubla wrote:Interesting that players don't get any reimbursement for bugs, deaths due to abuse etc. But devs coffins immediately open when its about realms.

I guess we all others are really 2nd class citizens in this game.

Yeah, let's all pretend that I've never sprung someone out of a bugged dungeon, or the like, so we can be butthurt that perfect equality between lamb and lion isn't enforced. There is a big difference between intervening to save something still alive, and resurrecting from the dead. Do note that I have not, for example, reconstructed the hundreds of cairns destroyed tonight.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby muncher » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:53 am

jorb wrote:
muncher wrote:But it's good to know that I can do whatever I want in this game that will give me an advantage, as long as I send the proof that I did it to you so you can fix it.

Make that your key takeaway at your own peril.

In the absence of any sort of publicized procedure for proof of bugs getting sent, reimbursement, lack of history in enforcing and dealing with bugs or botters, what else my key takeaway supposed to be?
muncher

Postby Zentetsuken » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:55 am

shubla wrote:Interesting that players don't get any reimbursement for bugs, deaths due to abuse etc. But devs coffins immediately open when its about realms.

I guess we all others are really 2nd class citizens in this game.

you blatantly abused a broken mechanic using 3rd party resources, made a mockery out of the devs by posting it on the forums for everybody to see and replicate, and continue to spam the forums with your trolly trash with dozens of posts per day. Yet nobody seems to want to keep you curfewed for longer than a day and you received ZERO repercussions for killing people ingame by abusing bugs using 3rd party scripting and clients.

Anybody else displaying this behavior has been banned, curfewed and nuked.

You are the only "first class citizen" I see here.
Zentetsuken

Postby Mario_Demorez » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:56 am

Why exactly do you think it was your change in the game that caused them to lose all their authority? No other realm lost their authority like that. I personally don’t think it’s your fault when you made an update 1 year ago that i failed to read about how something in the game changed. I would not expect you to fix anything that was caused by my lack of understanding of the game. And it sounds like either the realm in question didn’t understand the update or had people in their realm with perms that didn’t read update. Which neither sound like your fault. Could you possible elaborate on why you think it was the devs fault at all?
Mario_Demorez

Postby jorb » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:59 am

Mario_Demorez wrote:Why exactly do you think it was your change in the game that caused them to lose all their authority? No other realm lost their authority like that. I personally don’t think it’s your fault when you made an update 1 year ago that i failed to read about how something in the game changed. I would not expect you to fix anything that was caused by my lack of understanding of the game. And it sounds like either the realm in question didn’t understand the update or had people in their realm with perms that didn’t read update. Which neither sound like your fault. Could you possible elaborate on why you think it was the devs fault at all?

Our change to the challenge mechanic made it so that the permission to issue challenges implied a significantly easier way of draining a Realm entirely of authority very quickly. For most Realms, this is not a problem, but there are edge cases.

jorb

Postby czaper2 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:03 pm

#JusticeForTheNoobs
czaper2

Postby Mario_Demorez » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:06 pm

Sounds like the issue lies within the realms security? While other realms didn’t have random hermits or untrustworthy people with realm perms this realm did? Once again I fail to see why they’re lack of attention to their own realm warranted you guys saving them from losing their realm. Not their lives. Not their villages. Not even their coronation stone since I presume it was behind a village claim. All they would have lost was land and the resulting income of experience. Other realms once again didn’t have this problem but this one did. All realms had the same change issued but because of how one was so trusting it got cucked. Is this a good summary?

Also if this isn’t already a thing you should have realms get notified of what hearthling issues a challenge for that realm. So realm leaders can see who is irresponsible challenging other realms.

Tl:dr version
Kingdom of Ashe gave out perms without worry and got fucked by some random nerd and BB took advantage or even was the random nerd. Jorb/loftar gave them authority so they weren’t wiped off map.
Last edited by Mario_Demorez on Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mario_Demorez

Postby jorb » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:18 pm

There were permission implications of the changes that we made that we at the very least hadn't considered, and on that basis, we acted, naturally worrying that our changes had made some ballers exploit possible that was not possible before, and that the fall of a Realm could potentially be our fault. It may be that we, in acting, overestimated the implications of our changes, and some have argued for that, and in that case, we made an error in judgment. I don't think there's any matter of principle to be debated here, however, and thus there is not much to add.

If you wish to steam roll Realms using various underhanded means, then perhaps doing so a few hours after major changes to the mechanics involved is not the best time to do so if you do not wish to see us intervene.

jorb

Postby Mario_Demorez » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:23 pm

jorb wrote:There were permission implications of the changes that we made that we at the very least hadn't considered, and on that basis, we acted, naturally worrying that our changes had made some ballers exploit possible that was not possible before, and that the fall of a Realm could potentially be our fault. It may be that we, in acting, overestimated the implications of our changes, and some have argued for that, and in that case, we made an error in judgment. I don't think there's any matter of principle to be debated here, however, and thus there is not much to add.

If you wish to steam roll Realms using various underhanded means, then perhaps doing so a few hours after major changes to the mechanics involved is not the best time to do so if you do not wish to see us intervene.

I like this answer better than all previous answers. Better explains the situation.
Mario_Demorez

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements