Game Development: Garden Bell

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Garden Bell

Postby RickyRio » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:25 pm

jorb wrote:If you wish to steam roll Realms using various underhanded means, then perhaps doing so a few hours after major changes to the mechanics involved is not the best time to do so if you do not wish to see us intervene.

Worth repeating to anyone exploiting new changes.
RickyRio

Postby Setting » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:52 pm

Unable to hunt on snejjka/knarr? Worst patch ever....Let the Driver at least Hunt...
Setting

Postby Vassteel » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:53 pm

Setting wrote:Unable to hunt on snejjka/knarr? Worst patch ever....Let the Driver at least Hunt...

git gud, level MM scrub
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby Fostik » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:34 pm

Just realized that pots were not buffed, just holds 12 dirt and 3 l of water now.
Cant describe how bad is this, you need vast amount of dirt and water just to create few pieces of chives, to craft few pieces of food.
I though you understand that dissapearing dirt is pointless mechanic, but, hell, you did it that way
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Adata » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:30 pm

So you need to work 3 times less now for chives and rest, by inputting 3 times as much and not worrying later to refill.
Just go dig soil to fill up pots, its very easy.
W14 Elephant Gardens
W13 Zard
W12 Magpie Nest
W11 White Pond
W10 Lazy Leech
W9 Dark Woods
W7 Crow's Nest
Adata

Postby Glorthan » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:54 am

Mario_Demorez wrote:I thought animals could be tamed by multiple people but because of your game mechanic I killed multiple animals that I spent days on?

They can be killed by multiple people, you probably just messed it up.

All you need to do is all peace at the start, and not overdamage past the peace threshold (70-85% of hp?), exactly the same as 1v1 taming...
Glorthan

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:30 am

ulbu wrote:I still don't understand why there are people who like to ruin other's peaceful game.

The only peaceful game is a single player game not connected to the internet. Anything that introduces more than one player no longer is peaceful. You have to plan for the probability that someone else will come along and kick your sand castle (or at least try to).

NarrKOTeGG wrote:Can I (together with my friend) ambush Knorr or Snekkja on the river from my alt in boats?

Don't see why not.

jordancoles wrote:Bring back the Inner Party or ask the community for potential fixes to these kinds of problems because assuming we bow down whales is painfully out of touch

Hasn't this been "discussed" every world since knarrs were introduced (w10)? Maybe if people discussed the issue rather than the shitposts that 90% of a thread consists of...

Zentetsuken wrote:you blatantly abused a broken mechanic using 3rd party resources, made a mockery out of the devs by posting it on the forums for everybody to see and replicate, and continue to spam the forums with your trolly trash with dozens of posts per day. Yet nobody seems to want to keep you curfewed for longer than a day and you received ZERO repercussions for killing people ingame by abusing bugs using 3rd party scripting and clients.

Don't act like shubla is the first person to ever abuse an exploit and get away with it. This exploit has been abused for about two years now. Has anyone else been punished for it yet? No. Why should the guy that provided the penultimate example of the problem? Go cry a little more.

As far as the C&I bit, we've had a discussion with shubla. My point was that "why should shubla get punished if the asshats that made an even bigger problem out of it aren't getting equal punishment?" I'll tell you like I've told others: Go fuck off if you can't stand it. The only thing worse than a forum troll is someone who doesn't know how to deal with forum trolling.

RickyRio wrote:
jorb wrote:If you wish to steam roll Realms using various underhanded means, then perhaps doing so a few hours after major changes to the mechanics involved is not the best time to do so if you do not wish to see us intervene.

Worth repeating to anyone exploiting new changes.

Good point. Might also be a good point in saying that "waiting long enough after the changes" might be enough to get yourself, village, and/or realm nuked as in some previous cases.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jordancoles » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:50 am

MagicManICT wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Bring back the Inner Party or ask the community for potential fixes to these kinds of problems because assuming we bow down whales is painfully out of touch

Hasn't this been "discussed" every world since knarrs were introduced (w10)? Maybe if people discussed the issue rather than the shitposts that 90% of a thread consists of...

The issues are easy to point out, even through a 'shitpost'
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Amex32 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:16 pm

So, you cant attack animals either from Snekkja, but they dont have a problem hitting you from below, that a nice little bullshit, thx for update.
Amex32

Postby Leny » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:50 pm

Amex32 wrote:So, you cant attack animals either from Snekkja, but they dont have a problem hitting you from below, that a nice little bullshit, thx for update.

Japanese whalers going out of business 'cause of this change ^_^
Everytime I find something that doesn't make sense I can almost see Jorb grinning and mumbling to himself: "working as intended."
Leny

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements