Game Development: Smoked 'Shroom

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Smoked 'Shroom

Postby shubla » Mon May 04, 2020 9:10 pm

I think that the bonuses from smoking are really lacking. It takes considerable effort to find out the right wood types to use and then acquire them. Smoking should provide some more boost to FEP.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Artemiswhb » Mon May 04, 2020 10:03 pm

The smoking system seemed very promising in theory but in practice it doesn't seem to do a whole lot except hunger reduction on some combinations :( still a cool update though, hope smoking will be improved! :D
Artemiswhb

Postby Farlis » Mon May 04, 2020 10:29 pm

Artemiswhb wrote:The smoking system seemed very promising in theory but in practice it doesn't seem to do a whole lot except hunger reduction on some combinations :( still a cool update though, hope smoking will be improved! :D

it seems like a good early game thing to do if only for the reduced hunger, and if they do end up doing sausage and cheese smoking like them mentioned then ooo boi
Farlis

Postby hulkster79 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:55 pm

need mesquite chips :D
hulkster79

Postby drakesaint » Mon May 04, 2020 11:18 pm

Farlis wrote:
Artemiswhb wrote:The smoking system seemed very promising in theory but in practice it doesn't seem to do a whole lot except hunger reduction on some combinations :( still a cool update though, hope smoking will be improved! :D

it seems like a good early game thing to do if only for the reduced hunger, and if they do end up doing sausage and cheese smoking like them mentioned then ooo boi

I like that some varieties give FEP/Hunger ratios similar or even better than spitroasting, which means certain combos can be less work-intensive for players who want FEP variety without the work. Just put the meats and light it.
drakesaint

Postby Artemiswhb » Mon May 04, 2020 11:35 pm

drakesaint wrote:I like that some varieties give FEP/Hunger ratios similar or even better than spitroasting, which means certain combos can be less work-intensive for players who want FEP variety without the work. Just put the meats and light it.

Except for the fact that... you can do the same thing with spitroasts? just put on the animal and light it. Also gives more meat + less hunger
Artemiswhb

Postby drakesaint » Tue May 05, 2020 12:40 am

Artemiswhb wrote:
drakesaint wrote:I like that some varieties give FEP/Hunger ratios similar or even better than spitroasting, which means certain combos can be less work-intensive for players who want FEP variety without the work. Just put the meats and light it.

Except for the fact that... you can do the same thing with spitroasts? just put on the animal and light it. Also gives more meat + less hunger

If you spitroast, you lose the bone, intestines and entrails. If you smoke, you get similar results if you do the correct combination.
drakesaint

Postby hery76 » Tue May 05, 2020 12:55 am

drakesaint wrote:If you spitroast, you lose the bone, intestines and entrails. If you smoke, you get similar results if you do the correct combination.

Are the materials plus the 24 hours waiting worth for similar results of like "2 minutes" spitroasting? And you have other stuff to compensate the 3 things you mentioned, especially entrails, and if not, there are tons of animals.
The patch states 24h, however it has been confirmed that certain woods go less than 24h which is contradictory. For better information, Jorb should have just stick in there "after a few hours" or something...

Also, are spitroasts even used after early game if not to fill in gaps?

Maybe I'm just a noob that is missing something but atm, for me: "sounds good, doesn't work".

If Jorb&Loftar keep on adding stuff like this that requires community to discover every single bit of it instead of improving some clusterfuck and useless stuff, ye, I can understand why new people don't stay for long (even talking about my friends that I tried to teach most of it and provide every single community helper).
hery76

Postby hery76 » Tue May 05, 2020 12:59 am

hery76 wrote:
drakesaint wrote:If you spitroast, you lose the bone, intestines and entrails. If you smoke, you get similar results if you do the correct combination.

Are the materials plus the 24 hours waiting worth for similar results of like "2 minutes" spitroasting? And you have other stuff to compensate the 3 things you mentioned, especially entrails, and if not, there are tons of animals for those specificities.
The patch states 24h, however it has been confirmed that certain woods go less than 24h which is contradictory. For better information, Jorb should have just stick in there "after a few hours" or something...

Also, are spitroasts even used after early game if not to fill in gaps?

Maybe I'm just a noob that is missing something but atm, for me: "sounds good, doesn't work".

If Jorb&Loftar keep on adding stuff like this that requires community to discover every single bit of it instead of improving some clusterfuck and useless stuff, ye, I can understand why new people don't stay for long. Even my friends that had a good helping hand as I tried to provide them every single community helper for the task noticed that the game itself provided no help, lackluster guiding, to much time consuming for you to be any good at anything. But hey, all good, I guess this is just a 2 man hobby that has a "steady" payout from the old players.
hery76

Postby xTrainx » Tue May 05, 2020 1:53 am

can we make bacon and die from heart attacks now?

also. on an unrelated note, will projectile based melee combat (a la most mmorpg) still on the table? or was that scrapped?
xTrainx

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements